Thread: (Yet another) n00b question about Final Fantasy IX on PSP

wsmit99 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm afraid I'm having some troubles getting this game to be ripped from the original game discs. I own both an original PAL copy and an NTSC copy (the latter is greatest hits edition). If I use CDRWIN to rip the game I keep getting these error messages saying something about some blocks could not be read. I recon this has something to do with the copy protection which was mentioned somewhere on this forum. However, I have not yet found a solution to ripping this game successfully. I currently run 3.40 OE-A on my PSP.

Could someone please help this newbie? I really loved FF-IX on my PSone and I'd like to make it mobile!!! :|

Thanks in advance!

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

use Alcohol 120%
    playstation mode
    ccd files
    use NTSC

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Ryu, thanks for that swift reply!

Using Alcohol 120% I managed to rip the game without errors. Unfortunately, when using popstation GUI3 and uploading the eboot.pbp file to my psp I get a message saying: "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted" :(. Does anyone have any ideas? For the record, I did add a custom logo and background image for this game. Furthermore I used the following ID: SCUS94476.

Thanks!

Hey everybody, just thought I would share this with you:
    I got this game to work, but not by ripping it with Alcohol 120%, but with clonecd v. 5.2.9.1.

Now let's hope the game will run fine in the long run... :/

TymOg is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by wsmit99
    Hey everybody, just thought I would share this with you:
    I got this game to work, but not by ripping it with Alcohol 120%, but with clonecd v. 5.2.9.1.

Now let's hope the game will run fine in the long run... :/
    Good luck , i heard FF9 was the final fantasy in popstation who have no bugs .. so it will run fine maybe
    Always wanted to play a new Mario platform ?
    Always wanted to play FF series harder , longer ?

Visit my romhacking thread for SNES , NES even Gameboy http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=91947

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

it should but hey u might have had too many letters as the title of the folder, psx games cnat have more than 32 characters for example " Final Fantasy IX Disc 1" has 23 so its good but Star Ocean the 2nd story disc 1 of 2 has 46 characters so it would appear as corrupted
    been gone awhile

vaifollower is offline -Hacks Newbie

Played FF9 all the way through on the psp. Worked just fine. A little slow at times but I geuss that could be from the ISOs being compressed as much as possible or maybe something else. All in all, great experience for the psp. Hope it works out for ya.