Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: :: Silent Hill Origins Demo Universal Patch ::

maya2006 is offline -Hacks Newbie

amazing,

Finally my friend MrMongoose released his first Universal Patch.

what you can do with it?

well , now you can start your own demo ... you can choose a level from a drop down list and then apply it to the demo iso .. then you will start from that level you choose ... not only that , you can now change a costume to change Travis outfit.

There are lots of locations to choose from.

now , you can start playing from where ever you want .. from the start of the game or even from the Final Boss !!!.

i assume that this patch will also work with the final release of the game.

there will be other releases that include new features ... so try it out :mrgreenthumbsup:

download it from here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/56164970/SHODAT_010.ZIP

:)

Here is a quote from the author:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMongoose
    The Silent Hill Origins Demo Autopatch Tool (SHODAT) uses a somewhat new (or, more accurately, modified) method of patching the eboot.bin file that will now allow for access to just about any location. Please be aware that this still does not (and will not) unlock the entire game – nor does it fix any of the existing bugs and other glitches in the demo (a result of the pre-release status of the demo – not the patches themselves). This is intended merely to give fans a more in-depth look at the upcoming game – not to replace an actual retail copy.

Specifically, the features are:

- Automatically detects and replaces the original (encrypted) eboot.bin file with the (unencrypted) boot.bin file (included in the original demo .cso file).
    - Automatically patches eboot.bin to allow longer zone and filter names to be used without corrupting the file (essentially allowing any starting location to work properly)
    - Allows users to select from 89 different starting locations (via a simple list)
    - Allows users to choose any of the 14 secret costumes or revert back to the original Travis costume (via a simple list)
    - Rarely crashes for absolutely no reason

This is a small and simple application. It isn’t meant to do anything fancy or look pretty. However, it does work as advertised. My hope is that this will keep everyone who is interested in seeing more of the demo busy for a while and give me time to dive in to some of the more complex file structures and work on new mods that will continue to be useful even after the game has been released.

Naturally, the program is free. However, I do ask anyone who uses it to strongly consider pre-ordering your copy of Silent Hill Origins right away!

Jubblin is offline -Hacks Veteran

dang does this really work?

Exiled is offline -Hacks Veteran

So it basically makes the demo a full game, is that what your trying to say?

Senji is offline -Hacks Smarty

What an awesome way of spoiling the game for yourself :|

casuallydressed is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Tried it, works a treat :)

Cheers for the hook-up, Maya :mrgreenthumbsup:

Jubblin - Yes. Yes it does.

Exiled - No it doesn't. The game is still buggy as all hell with bits missing and bad cutscenes. It does make 90% of the game playable though.

Senji - Bite me.

Senji is offline -Hacks Smarty

*bites*

Anubis is offline -Hacks Newbie

I love you and I love MrMongoose.
    Keep up the good work guys ^_^

Thank for all the supporters :) ... There will be updates for the patch MrMongoose is going to release ... and it will unlock cool things .. even for the Final release of the game. :mrgreen:

it will be the tool for SH Origins ... just like the other tools for the previous games :mrgreenthumbsup:

Inn3r-Child is offline -Hacks Ninja

Great work, im going to pass on this one being a die hard fan I want to wait until its out =) but still nice work :mrgreenthumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled
    So it basically makes the demo a full game, is that what your trying to say?
    no, but it will unlock a lot of cool things , i updated the first post ..see the author comments .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast