Thread: FF7 Crisis Core refuses to play with me

Feah is offline -Hacks Newbie

So yuh, it seems this game doesn't like me and in fact, I'm starting to despise it also :sleep:

I started off with a 3.51, the game managed to load up the Square Anniversary screen then like a few people, the screen would go black and the music in the background would loop over and over.

More a less I was stuck at this point, I read a few forums here and there and some people said it had something to do with a 2gig Memory stick which i AM using (official Sony stick).

So I thought bummer, I can't play, but of course that didn't stop me from trying again, so I decided to upgrade my PSP to 3.52 M33 build which...seemed to be a bad move.

Now when I start the game I get...nothing...nothing at all, sucks huh?

I have 2 different versions of Crisis Core, one is 1.66gb and the other is...I forgot /falls over, I've tried use UMDgen to convert it from ISO to CSO for some crazy reason also in desperation which seemed to prove little help.

Ladies and gentlemen I've truly hit a brick wall and am in need of dire assistance :o

Thanks in advance,
    Kami.

aceblitzertidus is offline -Hacks Smarty

Format your memstick to FAT. It helped me a lot.
    PSP History: Phat Black 3.11 - 3.50 - 1.50 - 3.40 OE - 3.52 M33 - 3.52 M33-2 - 3.52 M33-3 - 3.52 M33-4 - 3.71 M33 1.50 Kernel - 3.71 M33-4 - Swap with Ice Silver Slim 3.71 M33-4 - 3.90 M33-2 - 3.90 M33-3 - 4.01 M33-2 - 5.00 M33 -3 - Changed Casing to Felicia Blue - 5.00 M33-6

Feah is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for your advice. My stick was already FAT format, regardless I reformatted using FAT via windows then formated the memory stick to recreate all the folders which it did.

However attempting to play Crisis Core again, same problem, black screen after selecting the game.
    The funny thing is I also got R-Type Tactics which gave me exactly the same problem, so I decided it couldn't be a problem with the ISO or CSO files, it had to be something I was doing wrong. So I had a look at a few other forums and read about a 3.52 Recovery mode thingy.

So I thought why not, I'll give it a shot, so I booted up holding R and had a look at a few options, o fcourse I had no idea what I was doing, but 2 things I did change was the speed of games to 333 mhz and changed the requirement for UMD to be inserted.

Now both Crisis Core AND R-Type work like a charm!

Hope this helps for anyone who was having the same problem...

*runs away in a corner to play his PSP -.-*

impakt55 is offline -Hacks Veteran

use the sony N9660 iso driver

delete ur config.se from flash1

BigEye is offline -Hacks Neophyte

my friend had the same problem, i told him to disable the "No UMD" in the recovery muen. Pop in a UMD and run the game again, and Bang! Problem solved.

BigEye is offline -Hacks Neophyte

OOPs forgot to finish reading. Forget my preivous post~ >.<