Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Mercer515 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have seen on this site (and other sites) people asking about FFT: War of the Lions. I thought I'd give my persepective.

I don't play video games and haven't since my PS2 broke in 2004. I first played FFT when I was 15 (5 years ago) I had nearly forgotten about the game.

It was not until my political science teacher gave a couple lectures on the themes of Final Fantasy Tactics (SHOCKING :o and pleasantly unexpected).

Our class had to read the the 350 page script (battle and cinematic) and character analysis for the entire game and discuss several themes that were played into this game...

1. Church vs. State
    2. Church's ability to brainwash masses
    3. Underestimation by the bourgesie (rich class) of the proletariat (working class)
    4. Rag's to riches
    5. Various political systems proposed throughout the game (oligarchy, democracy, poliarchy, anarchy, even communism has an underlying theme)

When I get to my laptop I'll post on here my A- essay on the political ambitions and consequences of (Larg vs. Goltana vs. Beoulve dynasty)

So to those who are curious about this game:

This game is a masterpiece. Although the battle system may be outdated, it is still classic. It does however, require in depth analysis, as the common mind will be unable to appreciate it's beauty. I compare it to Shakespeare.

Go buy this game tomorrow, and take your time playing through it!!! It's the whole reason I bought a PSP.

SSJSubgeta is offline -Hacks Smarty

Is there a way you can upload the script of the game I would love to take a good read on that.
    Plus your A- essay. :mrgreenthumbsup:

Mercer515 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I would have to scan ALL the pages of the script, unless I could find one online... which I will try to do...

But I will definitely post my essay. This guy is a complete nerd, but definitely the coolest teacher I have had yet/

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

you should have gotten an A+....:lol:

and why cant i have paper about shit like that. i gotta write crap about how people in 3rd world countries are poor.

btw, the link for the script
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/14169
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

impakt55 is offline -Hacks Veteran

seems like a pretty good teacher

at least when writing the paper, you actually enjoyed it

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

That is so cool man! I´d like to check on your essay. :mrgreenthumbsup: