Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think FFT is really, really hard?

Damien225 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I mean, I got up to the point about an hour into the game where you fight in The Merchant City of something, and it's totally hopeless, I get my ass handed to me every time. I think this is the first boss battle since the music is different, and one of the guests in my party says "He's the leader of the Corpse Brigade." I even went back and started grinding, got myself a White and a Black Mage, and I still get my ass handed to me. It might be easier if I could have an Archer since the enemy group has two of them, but there's no way to even get a bow before this fight! Am I the only one who thinks this game is really hard or am I missing something obvious?

ElFito is offline -Hacks Newbie

Try to get some battle boots so you can reach the black mage when he is charge and hit him:twisted:

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

This is a very tactical (duh) game and a little unbalanced. You can have very though fights in the very beggining and easier ones later, just get used to the system and level your caracters a little more before going to that battle. :mrgreenthumbsup:

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Don't powerlevel please.......it takes ALL the life out of the game

But just level up a little and you'll be fine. Later one the main story fights will be a joke and all your crazy matches will come by the random encounters.

Try to fight 3 dragons and 3 Red Chocobos when you least expect it and unprepared :o

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

Mercer515 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Los
    Don't powerlevel please.......it takes ALL the life out of the game

But just level up a little and you'll be fine. Later one the main story fights will be a joke and all your crazy matches will come by the random encounters.

Try to fight 3 dragons and 3 Red Chocobos when you least expect it and unprepared :o
    FFT for PSP is ridiculously hard compared to PSX, I was 20+ levels higher than my opponents and still was having trouble... the PSX version was too easy but this version is too hard.

Mercer515 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Damien225
    I mean, I got up to the point about an hour into the game where you fight in The Merchant City of something, and it's totally hopeless, I get my ass handed to me every time. I think this is the first boss battle since the music is different, and one of the guests in my party says "He's the leader of the Corpse Brigade." I even went back and started grinding, got myself a White and a Black Mage, and I still get my ass handed to me. It might be easier if I could have an Archer since the enemy group has two of them, but there's no way to even get a bow before this fight! Am I the only one who thinks this game is really hard or am I missing something obvious?
    Easy Solution:
    Train all your characters as chemists for a while until you get the autopotion ability. Everytime you charachter gets attacked, they will use a potion immediately after.

KTrain418 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I hated that fight. I did beat it though. You can buy a bow in that town I'm sure of it, either that or the other one. I know i had archers during that fight. I'm not too far ahead of you buddy, and now I'm stuck again. This game is way too fucking hard, but i just wanna hear the story so if there's a way to cheat this game it would be great. I gave up and now playing jeanne d'arc WAY BETTER

mike84 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

The game is hard at the beginning. But later on it gets easier.

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

the merchant city fight is probably the hardest in the game imo. (having played though the game on psx)
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

YourNoose is offline -Hacks Smarty

I got 3/4 through the PSX version..
    But Hell, the PSP version is so damn hard. I die in random encounters in the beginning. Damn.
    Just hope it's worth it to get the new classes and new chars..
    Btw, who ARE the new chars?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast