Thread: Dungeon Explorer english script directories

RvLeshrac is offline -Hacks Newbie

I don't know TOO much about the way things are structured on the PSP, but...

It appears that the Dungeon Explorer UMD contains both English and Japanese scripts. I've managed to get the English moved over partially, both using cwcheat to force the game to look at PSP_GAME\USRDIR\DATA\SCENE\ENG and by simply moving the contents of ENG over to JPN.

I'm wondering, however, where the game is storing item, quest, and menu data. I can't seem to locate it. I know the quests are static, so it should be possible to find them in the datafiles somewhere.

Can anyone with the game perhaps take a look around and let me know if you can find the above data?

It appears that the menu text is stored in boot.bin, in english (including character classes and races). Don't see a way to force the game to use it, though, and it may simply be pointers to the japanese text. Still interesting. Still can't find item names.

Aberdare420 is offline -Hacks Member

I haven't even seen this game around. When did it appear as I can't see it anywhere..?

Just to be sure we are talking about this game are'nt we;

Code:
    http://www.hudsonentertainment.com/gamedetail.php?game_id=102&console=1
    They have it on the site as a Febuary Release.

That'd be the game, yes.

English *release* is in February, but the translation is near-complete, if not complete, in the released Jap version.