Thread: Crsis Core

sepreath is offline -Hacks Veteran

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

The game has finally been released in Japan after a much anticipated wait. And I
    have to say, the wait was well worth it! Despite my lack of knowledge of the Japanese
    language, this game is great! No other words for it.

If any of you have seen the CG movie Advent Children, you'll know how amazing the
    quality of their computer animated videos. The cutscenes in Crisis Core are just as
    outstanding.

If you can remember FF7 began with cloud jumping out of the train and then you play
    to beat the silly little guards on the platform. In the initial cutscene on Crisis Core
    you watch Zack (not sure on spelling) own some guards who are dumb enough to
    fight on a roaring train. They die, of course.

The ingame graphics are equally appealing. You can tell a lot of hard work went into
    making this game. When you get off the train, like in FF7, you get attacked by some
    guards.

Now is the first time you get into the new battle mode. It's different from FF7. Instead
    of telling your character what to do, you do it yourself. Moving around and striking
    yourself. It's quite fun, but I prefer the original FF7 combat mode. Although, the tutoial
    menu tellign you the battle commands is in Japanese, you figure it out pretty quick.

You start with the abilty to use a normal attack, fire, lightning and ice. So you can
    get to work making these guards wish they'd pulled a sickie.

After this fight there is a small cutscene, after which you fight the first boss. The fight
    is quite dissapointing if I'm honest. It's really really easy, with the boss just having lots
    of heath. Making the battle last ages. But at least he looks cool!

Throughout battles a slot machine type object is rolling and stops every once in a while,
    with you pulling the last image. Depending on the outcome, you get different bonuses.
    These include levelling up and opening a can of woop^ass on your enemy.

Upon defeating the boss you have a cutscene inwhich you lose spectacularly in a fight
    against Sephiroth. Kind of like watching a white man trying to win the 100m dash . . .

The rest is up to you to find out . . .

Up to where I've played, this game is outstanding and really gives the Final Fantasy series
    a good light. If you do play the Japanese edition, be prepared for quite a few headaches.
    I got stuck for ages on one of the tutorials. The kind where it says "if you press triangle
    you can bake a cake with one hand while making a paper plane with the other, go ahead
    and try it yourself". But you have no idea what they just said, leaving you to figure it out.

Release Dates
    US: March 25, 2008
    Japan: September 13, 2007
    Europe: TBA

BUY THIS GAME :mrgreenthumbsup:

I don\'t give a crap about your firmware history

=====Reserved Space=====

ludacris10 is offline -Hacks Newbie

kewl hoping the english ver. comes out sooner than later!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepreath
    US: March 25, 2008
    The US do speak English you know!

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

just a question.... is CC a FF7 remake or a completely new game?

Quote Originally Posted by jmendes
    It's a Final Fantasy 7 spin off. So it's based around the same game. You play through the same
    time as the original was set, but you play as Zack. If you played FF7 you would of heard about
    him. He is a member of SOLDIER, you follow his story throughout the events of Final Fantasy 7.

pokeofdoom24 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

No. Crisis Core is a prequel to FF7 explaining the events of Zack, whom Cloud mistook his identity and memories for Zack's with the help of Jenova cells infused in Cloud, which the game also goes into. Essentially right where Crisis Core ends is where Final Fantasy VII begins.
    I love Gaze-Rock.

[banner by me]
    ---Insert really unnecessary firmware history here---