Thread: [Release] Kingdom of Paradse Japanese Voice Compatibility Patch (PPF)

oroboro is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you haven't played this game yet then you should, especially because this patch will make it a lot more better :). Don't worry, he doesn't look like a monkey in the game - completely different than on the cover actually.

This is a patch to enable the original Japanese voice audio to be used instead of the extremely crappy English dub. Without this patch, simply replacing the audio will cause the game to freeze on several occasions. Note that you need to somehow obtain the Japanese (or Chinese language) version for this to be of any use (see below).

Download (MU): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGXMURNK
    File Size: ~28 KB
    Note: For Kingdom of Paradise (N.A. version) only, not Key of Heaven (EU version). KoH version available upon request.

edit: this only patches the main dialogue voices, not the voices you hear when fighting. To replace that voice audio you need to use my program (below) and replace all the V_*.sgd files in the TKCMPSP.BIN (and then rebuild). Further details are included with the program. I can't create a patch for them because it would essentially be packing the files together and distributing it, which is illegal, and because the file size of tkcmpsp.bin becomes different.

Part 1:

You need UMDGen, which is an awesome app for building PSP ISOs. Once you've got it, open your ISO (if you have a CSO you need to convert it in UMDGen first) and open the USRDIR folder. Inside you'll find a huge file called TKCMPSP.BIN, which contains most of the game files. Right click it and choose "Apply PPF Patch" and open above patch file.

You will need the Japanese voice audio though. I don't think I'm allowed posting it here but if you PM me, I'll send you a link for it (total audio size is ~40 MB). If you have the Japanese or Chinese version then extract the fstream directory (in USRDIR) using UMDGen.

Part 2:
    Using UMDGen, open the fstream directory (in USRDIR) and within you will find a folder called "usa". Open that folder and delete every file within (these files are the crappy English voice audio). Next, just drag all the Japanese voice audio files (from the extracted fstream directory) and drop them into UMDGen.

Finally, save the newly created ISO and enjoy :)

edit: updated tkcmpsp.bin extractor/builder. New version has a nice little GUI and is compatible with ALL versions (NA, EU, JP, CH, etc)

screenshot:

download (~12 KB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SS2S1T7R

Requires Java 1.5 or above (can be run on Mac)
    -Build Directory: directory in which to extract the files when extracting. When building, the program will check this directory for the files it needs to rebuild the file. Once the files are extracted, you can modify or replace any of them and then rebuild a new tkcmpsp.bin
    -Original File: when extracting, program will "extract" the files from this. This file is also required when building (needed for the header and list of files)
    -Output File: the rebuilt file to save. only available when building.

Simple Java programs are usually extremely small so don't be alarmed.

kimstar00 is offline -Hacks Newbie

can u pm me links to the japanese audio

Jinx1337 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I'd be grateful if you sent me the link.

Also - huge props for this. Thank you very much.

Side-note:

The only game I've undubbed myself was Monster Jewel Summoner. No need for any patches though (no LBA checks). You can just swap the english media file with a japanese from the JP dump of the game.

Mr. Wednesday is offline -Hacks Newbie

How good is this game? I've seen it around, but, I haven't heard much. I know the 2nd game has already come out in Japan. Thanks.

Jinx1337 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It's good enough.

One of the first PSP RPG's too.

oroboro is offline -Hacks Newbie

Okay so just to let everybody know, that 400MB or so KoP ISO out there is a cheap crappy rip. All the movies have been ripped and the game freezes at a certain point. Unfortunately, a clean dump of the file can no longer be found and all that is available is the crappy rip. However, since the EU version, Key of Heaven, was released recently, the full ISO can, as of now, be easily found.

The patching programs and the PPF patch are incompatible with KoH (lazy coding) so I'll be updating it and adding a simple GUI soon.

Also, the movies in the game are hardsubbed. I'll be checking to see if there is a way to replace PMF video audio and will post any results here. You don't get to a video with any talking until about 10 hours of gameplay though so you can play it for now =)

edit: added updated version with GUI

Leingod is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey oroboro, great patch :twothumbs:

I just recently found out about this undub idea of yours, with the upping of the modded game on some torrent sites. Funny thing is, it's impossible to get cuz it's on a despicable private server.

Thing is, I also hated the dubs when I got this game back in 2006.... so I'd love to play it how it was intended to. Heck, I even remember the horrible box art almost prevented me from buying the title back then.

So, can I ask you for the link to the jap voice files (If I'm not too late)? That and... what about the movie files? Will it hurt too much to the plot if we just switch them for the japanese originals?

Finally: Do you have any info on the second game? I've heard it's been out in Japan for some time now... so I'm guessing it won't cross over :(

Akito990 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm really interested in this undub patch. Would it be too late to request for the files? Please send me a PM if its not too late. Thanks in advance.

lonebear27 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Can anyone pm me the patch + jap audio files? The megaupload links aren't working anymore btw...