Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mario kart like games?

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Do you guys know any psp game that like mario-kart? i mean casual battle-oriented racing. This game is pretty much the reason i´ve considered buying a DS, i still own a snes with the original MK...
    I tried gripshift and it´s quite fun, but something it´s missing...

Rytech is offline -Hacks Newbie

ive been playing crash team racing from PSX on my PSP, so you should try that,
    its got fun game modes and a complex engine required for good times, its way better then MKart IMO

Hitmanthe3rd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

mario kart snes on PSP is fun! But the one for the DS is amazing and the online is just Great.

4.01m33~

yourgrandma is offline -Hacks Newbie

I do believe they made a official crash team racing for the psp. yep here it is http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/...ing/index.html looks like they copied double dash though, i hated that game.

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Thx ppl, im gonna try crash racing soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanthe3rd
    mario kart snes on PSP is fun! But the one for the DS is amazing and the online is just Great.
    They sure are.:mrgreenthumbsup: i´ve been tempted to trade my psp for a ds mostly because of MKDS and the psp game drought.

Rytech is offline -Hacks Newbie

the PSP version of the crash racing is lame, its like NEW crash which is lame, the old skool one is the best

Hitmanthe3rd is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jmendes
    Thx ppl, im gonna try crash racing soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanthe3rd
    They sure are.:mrgreenthumbsup: i´ve been tempted to trade my psp for a ds mostly because of MKDS and the psp game drought.
    Online and 1st person shooters are just all around better on the DS because of the touch screen. But the graphics dont allow it to compare to the psp and gameplay wise. But I enjoy my DS more because online has ranks for like every game and theres a friends list. Its just A Material. You can hack your DS remember too. Its alot easier but you need to buy a mem card and reader. $60 and the DS games are 30 MB. $60 will get you a 2gb so you can pretty much put every game onto that DS.

4.01m33~

makaveddie is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

OK, and now for an answer to your question...

PSP games with racing/battle elements:

**Note: most of these games got crappy reviews, but mainly for lack of content (i.e. not a lot of maps and no differentiating factors).

1) Pac Man Racing
    Low difficulty, decent graphics, great multiplayer - try this one first!
    2) Shrek "Smash 'N Crash" Racing
    Medium difficulty, good graphics, great multiplayer - try this one second!
    3) Crash Tag Team Racing
    Not too much experience with this game, as a lot of wandering is required before racing
    4) Twisted Metal
    More battle mode like than anything else...
    5) M.A.C.H.
    Airplanes instead of cars, much faster, and pretty cool! I really enjoyed this one!

Agent64 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

dude download daedalus R13 and put the mario kart 64 rom on it, unlike most games mariokart 64 actully runs pretty good on the n64 emu. or just buy a DS :) i have a DS and mario kart DS is awsome, i love it great game. but if you cant afford a DS then just do what i said and put mario kart 64 using daedalus R13 (lol or however its spelled :)
    Current RANK:
    Banjo Pilot (rank 8) (New avatar Rank- Rank 4-banjokazooieForce (Final BanjoKazooieRank)

rank increases after 980 post

makaveddie is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I agree, Daedalus runs MarioKart64 well, but it is far from perfect... and you will have to go without sound, for now (at least, until Strmnnrmn updates his media engine... and there has been no news in that last month, so it may come sooner than we thought).

Nonetheless, check out those games that I listed... I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you have a friend with a PSP and the same game so you can play ad-hoc (infrastructure is not supported in the games I listed, at least not the first 2).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast