Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which Final Fanstasy is the best?

YourNoose is offline -Hacks Smarty

I just got XII and was so hyped to finally have it..
    I gotta say, it was hell of fun for the first 12 hours..now it's just...ugh

I gotta say 8's story surpassed that of 7.
    I never really liked 9 until I played it again recently.
    9 was fun but lacked something. I don't know what. I never really liked the feel of the game either.
    But after some time it became fun and i finished it in like 4 days.
    The only major ass flaw Final fantasy 8 had was, the junction engine could be so abused.

BebopFox is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Final Fantasy 6 & 7 are probably the best in the series (I won't say one over the other cause they're both great).
    I would probably start on 6, then move on to 7.
    If you have a DS, be sure to pick up Final Fantasy 3 for it since that will show you a bit of what the older games were like (pretty big job class selection, usual crystal-kids story from when the FF's were first starting out).
    FF8= meh, its alright...... I wouldn't play this right away.
    FF9= pretty good, but is much more like FF2 with the way you level up your abilities and such.
    I know some people don't like it, but play Final Fantasy 12! I was tired of all these lovey-dovey stories that Final Fantasy was capitalizing on after popularity of 6/7 struck. FF12 focuses heavily on the politics, which I found very refreshing (it does have its small share of lovey-dovey, but it isn't the factor the game is based around).
    Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Advanced = I personally found both of these games to have their own charm and each deserve a try if not a total play-through. Lots of customization/unlocks (classes) and other tidbits.
    oh ya..... Final Fantasy 11 = lulz.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

ima big fan of IX, VII, and X i would recommend those 3
    been gone awhile

oroboro is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r
    so like wut... are the storied in chronological order? or they seperate... like ff7 is a diff story then ff8... if they in chrono order.. shouldnt i start @ 1...?
    None of the final fantasy games are related to each other. The only thing is that they often have recurring elements such as chocobos, moogles, and some character names (e.g. cid). I'm sure you could've checked wikipedia for that though.

Anyways, for me the best would definitely be FFX. I played VII-XII and it by far had the BEST story AND gameplay. Lots of good hidden stuff as well. Took me 100 hours to do get everything done.

FXII was indeed the worst of them all. Story sucked real bad and there are just too many damn missions (I have to complete them all :P). I haven't even finished it yet actually. Near the last boss but without a good story there is no motivation.

As for the spin-offs, FF Tactics Advance would be my favourite. That game lasted me 150+ hours :)

VI seems to be really good though so I think I'll try that next.

thingstuff is offline -Hacks Newbie

They're all separate stories in different places. My favourite is FF8.

Kion is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Have anyone seen the trailers for FF13 yet, it looks awesome? Saw some in gameplay the graphics are top notch and the battle system looks to be one of the best yet.

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Oh lord another best FF thread :paranoid:

Listen, to anyone who is starting the series, start from FF1 and work your way up. People who fall in

love with 7 sometimes have high expectations for the other classic ones. I know some people in real life who

are like, "Oh I remember that from 7!" or "It doesn't compare". Well, the FF series has been known to carry out

the cameos and such since it came out. I think it's better to have a respect for the classics rather than start

from to top. You're not a hardcore fan until you play the classics :mrgreenthumbsup:

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

hamsteroncrack is offline -Hacks Newbie

want an easy fun one play 7 its fun an easy....8 is a lil harder but still easy but fun....only thing i can tell u many ppl like 7 don't really know y but they do... 9 is like whatever 10 was cool 11 mmo i belive and 10-2 was pretty gay but i still beat it. 12 for some reason got bored it anit bad its really good but the story for me was boring. 6 was good to....idk what i can tell u everyone has there favoite for me is 8 it has a better fighting system

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3