Thread: FF7 Black Screen after selecting "New Game"

Vodun is offline -Hacks Newbie

When I first load the game popsloader is not asking me what version to run this on (holding down R when loading the game does nothing as well). The game does load but when I click "New Game" it jumps to a black screen and the PSP stops reading from the memstick. I have popsloader 3.8 v2, however I upgraded to 3.9m33 FW. Is the new FW the cause? Thanks for the help!

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Do you have the full popsloader. Get the full one from the HACKS CRACKS AND MODS section. download that and install it as usual. Start the game and hold R. Dont let go until you see the POPS menu. You should see the warning then a blank screen for a few seconds then the POPs (now you may release R) menu should come up. Select 3.71.

Vodun is offline -Hacks Newbie

Downloaded directly from psp-hacks.com the file 380m33popsloader_v2. I unpack the "seplugins" folder directly to the root (ie ISO, PSP and seplugins folders are on the root). Load up recovery mode and turn on popsloader under plugins. FF7(disc 1) is under G:/PSP/GAME/FF7(Disc1of3). I check under games/memstick and FF7 shows up right with my standard ISO (ripped umd) games. I start it and hold R, nothing happens. I hold R then start the game, also nothing happens.

Checking under popsloader folder there are no .prx files (popsman303-372 etc) save for the idcanager_old.prx in the 3.8popsloader.rar from psp-hacks. I also tried the original popsloader_3.00-3.72 prx files in the folder with no such luck. I am really confused as to why popsloader is no longer working.

angelgabriel86 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have the same problem i load final fantasy VII and after the first battle it freezes i have poploader installed but it does not start up even when i press the R button when booting the game.