Thread: Got a little job...Naruto and "Tales" series fans

Crazyazn07 is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you are a tales fan...ever heard of the game Tales of the abyss...well there is an UNDUB version which is the jap voices with english text...NAMCO did not make it though...Hacker did...
    It hit me...that psp games can do just the same..

For those who are new to the psp, there is this game

Naruimate Ninja....which turned into the english version...Ultimate ninja heroes

AND

Tales of the world...was made into the english language...with everything...

Is it possible to make the JAP voices into the english version?

I've tried Tales of the world but for some reason...it still has english voices...nothing really changed and I am completely stuck for Narutimate Ninja

In order to do such a thing...you need both games...then use UMDGen to load both games and find the files...
    If anyone can get it working...can you plz tell me?

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

i dont know if its just me but this post is a bit confusing, but if im guessing right u want jap voices with english subs, when the voices were already dubbed in english? why dont u just stick with the english dubs?
    been gone awhile

Sry for it being confusing...

I want a game that is with English text but the voices are in japanese

English dubs...Some of them really stink...

tales of the world (ENG) version...lloyd's voice just really drives me mad...Its not only lloyd but others...Lloyd is just the main one...He sounds sooo nerdy in the game

Naruto ultimate ninja--well I am accustom to watching the Japanese version of the Show...I find the english voices really horrible

What my vision is, is kinda like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kaZ139hDOg
    The voices in the battle and outside the battles are Japanese but if you look close enough the text is english...

EDIT: There is another for the list...Yu-gi-oh Tag force 1
    I have read that Tag force has japanese voice when you play a card...I was wondering whether we can make it so that the japanese voices are in the english version...so it isnt so boring reading the subtitles

oroboro is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've done this with Kingdom of Paradise (see http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=129251) and I'm willing to do Tales and some people have already discussed doing it with me. However, whenever I mention that the JP version is no longer available and ask them if they could upload the necessary files (like I did for them) they cease contact.

I tried Tales of Eternia and stopped playing as soon as I heard a few seconds of the English voice acting, so I know what you mean. I'll be glad to help you out if you are willing to help me out a bit in return ;)

I've found that simply replacing the audio files hardly ever works or is not possible simply because they've been packed into one file. I took a look at ToE and there seem to be a bunch of files that are compressed or encrypted and if I had the Japanese files I could be able to tell which files differ and after comparing those files, possibly find out what compression or encryption they're using.

I'm no hacker, just a programmer, so I can't add subtitles where they don't exist, etc. + I don't have much time to spare so I can't work on this every day.

As for Naruto though, I don't watch it and even dislike it, but I'd do it just for the fun of it. Oh and same goes for yu-gi-oh.

Sent you a PM for some more details :)

Some sad news
    I've seen the Tales of Eternia European version when my friend first got the game (i didnt know why he got it). He turned it on. Like all the voices were in english but the menu was like in some language I didnt know. It was hard since I had to put my ear to the speakers. So Im not sure whether I can help or not. Ill still look for the JP version if you still want it. Im just not sure if its gonna be the same. Just a heads up.