Thread: how to get resident evil 2 to work?

blits1290 is offline -Hacks Newbie

one of my most favorite games of all time and i cant get it to work, ive tried both the n64 version and the psx version and its done me no good

ive looked around on the internet and apparently i need to change some code to the japanese one?

im not too sure how to do this but im pretty sure thats how you can do it since thats what the majority of the sites out there say i should do, yet none of them tell me how to do it

any help would be greatly appreciated!

err on that note, i remember a while back i found a list of games that work, don't work, and kind of work for the n64 emulator (daedulus or something along that line?) and now i cant find it... if anyone knows where i can find this it would be appreciated!

also can an american psp that runs NTSC formated games run games that are PAL formated as well (both psp games and psx?)

TheDaybreakBoy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Need more info than "can't get it to work", if it's psx you need pops loader, I can't remember but i think 3.71 works.
    I loaded it up a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine for me.
    also there might be people in the "help" section who can tell you, you could ask this there, also I think this question has been asked before so you could try searching for threads on re2.

edit also i never had to change any code, i just dragged the eboot into game and it worked... Japenese code? wtf...

well the problem is that it just gets stuck on the "this games contains violence and gore" screen and doesnt go any furthure

by japanese code they said something about how the japanese version of resident evil 2 was originally called "biohazard 2" and this caused a conflict with how the psp read the game

anyways i'll look into that, thanks :D

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

use this GAME ID code blits1290

SLPS01222
    ( ^^)b

TheDaybreakBoy is offline -Hacks Smarty

I had similar thing happening with me, it could be that you're using the wrong pops loader. Hold R trigger when you click on the game and it'll give you a menu- try EVERY one until one works. Ummmm... maybe. My ones tend to freeze on the ps logo screen, but anyway. Or it could be you're using a crappy eboot.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmm
    use this GAME ID code blits1290

SLPS01222
    err is there a way to change the ID once it's already been converted for PsP use?

all i have is the PsP converted form of the game... not the post rip/pre conversion

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

ya, try zingaburga's popstation, I think you may be able to patch your eboot with the code.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=60371

If you cant patch it, you can still use the same app to convert the eboot back into an iso.

oh ya, use the same game id for both discs.
    ( ^^)b

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

zinga's gui should work
    just select the jap code (it will select the us code auto but just change it)

makaveddie is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yup, changing the gameid is essential to get you past the police station, but you are getting stuck at that screen because you need to get the correct popsloader... I think 3.40 worked for me.

You need to download the latest popsloader and install it (copy files over to seplugins folder). Then, you need to activate the popsloader plugin by holding the right trigger button while booting up the psp.

Once it has been activated, you need to hold the right trigger button when running the psx game, and select the correct pops. Try 3.40, and if it still freezes at the warning screen, check other pops (3.51, etc...).