Thread: removing update folder on isos

seezar is offline -Hacks Newbie

Will I run into any issues if I delete the UPDATE folder on all my iso's using UMDGEN?

Figured good way to cut a bit of space but didnt know if any games will have any issues with the folder missing.

dragonballz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

All games should work without the update folder.

3cd0Widow is offline -Hacks Guru

There is only the odd game that rely on LBA (Logical Block Address) ordering, meaning if you delete the update folder other files will move to a different LBA value and the game wont work, as the files that are needed are looked for at a certain value. I think there has only been about 2 or 3 PSP games that use LBA ordering, so you should be fine, check the rip before deleting original.

seezar is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for the replies... only reason I asked was I was going through and removing the folder from my rips and I noticed on one game, I believe it was sonic rivals 2, that the files in the update folder were still there but were all 0 bytes. So I assumed there must have been a reason the files were left there.

So far all the rips which I've removed the folder still seem to work without issue.