Thread: help loading a game

blits1290 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i downloaded ratchet and clank size matters and the description of the DL said, Ratchet and Clank for the PSP handheld system. It's an iso in a can of 7z. exactly...

what does a can of 7z. mean?

i threw it in the psp and cant get it to work any help please?

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

7-Zip .... you should be able to open it with winrar and extract the ISO from it

i dunno though, i open up the .rar file and inside is another .rar file and when i open that it has a file called PSP_GAME and a file named UMD_DATA.BIN

ive tried both putting the whole.rar in my psp and putting whats in the second .rar file in the psp and nothing works, not sure what to do

i know im saving the files to the right spot because thats where all my other psp downloaded games are

any help is much appreciated!

ok i think you opened the ISO by mistake because ISO's will open with winrar

you need to do this :
    open the "My Documents" folder on your PC , at the top of the My Documents folder select "Tools" then select "Folder options" then in the new window select "View" you will see a long list of folder options
    UN-Check the box that says " Hide extensions for known file types"

you will now be able to see the file extensions eg .rar .iso .7z etc so you will know exactly what file to extract and put on your PSP

that didn't work, i dunno whats up with this damn thing, contents of the psp folder are 2 pics, a .SFO file, a folder named USRDIR and one named SYSDIR

inside these two folders are some update files and other files called streaming and what not

right click on the first rar file and click extract here what is the extension of the file that is extracted ( just extract it once not twice )
    and don't think that its a rar file just because it looks like a rar ( like a stack of books ) i need the actual file extension

ok while i do that, i also DLed Daxter and inside this .rar file is a CSO and 2 pics, i extracted both to my psp and when i try to play the game i get this error, "The game could not be started. (80020321).

any idea on how to fix that, ive tried putting just the CSO on the pics into the ISO folder of my psp and the .rar file it came in

ok so if i rename the .rar within the .rar for ratchet and clank to ratchet-and-clank.iso the psp at least recognizes it, but i still get the same error, what gives?

ok so apparently after reading some other posts i had to dig around for all i had to do was reduce the name of the ratchet and clank file to less than 20 characters and then press select and change the UMB ISO mode to Sony NP9660

thank y'all very much for the help, everything is working great!

damn i love pandora batteries/modded psp's!:mrgreenthumbsup:

Cool glad you got it working