Thread: Rebel Star: Tactiacal Command 2?

Chaotica is offline -Hacks Newbie

Once upon a time (2006 i think) there were rumours about it being released in December '07. But its been quiet.. too quiet.

For those that don't kno, its a Turn-Based Strategy that first appeared on tha GBA.

A few character designs...

Kyo
    Kyo is offline -Hacks Ninja

My only comment which is pertaining to Turn based strategy games on the psp is the over saturated market which we already have. The psp boasts a vast collection of turn based strategy games such as jeanne de arc, wild arms, Final fantasy tactics, riviera, disgaea.

I've honestly had enough. not sure about you guys.
    If you smell what Mistaaaa Kennedy is Cookin' ?

You're mostly right... maybe its cos turn-based RPGS are easier to write compared to other games. However this one is different. Majorly different.

In the GBA version you take six soldiers from a pool of eight (meagre i kno) to complete missions. Each unit has different strengths which support different abilites i.e. Light Weapons, Heavy Weapons, Close Combat, Stealth, Medics and a a few others. The fun kicks in with the gameplay.

In most games of this genre you have the ability to see all enemies from the onset. In this game however you can only see those in your troops' field of vision. Believe me when i say that this alone coupled with the abundance of cover offered by the maze of buildings and/or trees and the ability to attack on your enemies turn (and vice versa) takes this game to a totally different level.

Think i'm hyping it up? Think again, the GBA rom is out there.