Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - English Patch ( EoT - Beta v1.1 )

Senji is offline -Hacks Smarty

as promised for the new site, public beta commenses. this patcher is very self explanatory and even has a miniguide visible upon opening it. as far as media install goes, you may or may not need to reinstall it. the private betas (or not so private as they turned out to be) didnt require a reinstall of media install at all from start til private beta end. now for the list of whats left so we are all clear.

●weapon descriptions are at about 80% (in revision)
    ●armor descriptions are at about 90% (in revision)
    ●conversations are at about 75~80% (on hold for now)
    ●info magazines are at about 75% (being translated)
    ●basic training is missing two small new lines about bowguns (these are being done with the info magazines)
    ●fighter menus are missing descriptions in the mini box beneath (these are in revision)
    ●gc is missing the middle section of gc titles because most those are grammatical (meaning they could possibly mean more than one word given usage... so i need to find a creative way of dealing with it, like picking the best one or making up common english grammatics), about 7 or so things in the diary (been trying to get the correct usage of them via what very little ive played before just inserting whatever), and 1 of the "group" feature for added cards
    ●new quest descriptions (in revision)
    ●g-rank training hall (in revision)

everything else is finished as far as im aware.

known issues
    ●map names exceed allowed limit on gc, some exceed the limit on training aswell because i havent decided how i want to shorten them. i HIGHLY doubt theres any amount of shortening thats gonna make them look "pleasant", so im refraining from doing so at this moment
    ●quest details revert in quest because it calls upon the mib files. also the gc records from the mib files upon completing, abandoning or dying the final time on a quest... so diary will retain japanese in it (kinda the reason i havent been super motivated to finish it). we cannot get into these mibs, no group has as far as i know. if we can get into these files, we can build a new download server to host translated versions of capcom quests, a custom quest editor, host our own customs and translate them within the game. theres approximately 550 of these files too :/
    ●most people and felynes talk like they are on the internet. lots of short hand, slang and improper sentence structure. this isnt because of me, i merely recycled capcom translations from mhf2 for familarity. i have no intentions on cleaning this up. suck up the fact that capcom wants all their characters to come off ignorant.
    ●fighter names revert in quest unless you swap your cat then swap back after a quest. i was unaware of this til it was brought to my attention because i havent really had much chance to play really at all.

now that the ball is moving again on this project (sorry i had to set it aside for awhile), one of my translators on the inactive list has become semi-active again. so hopefully we can get more accomplished. i will release updates as they are needed along with any possible bugfixes. im sure i havent played enough of the game lately myself to smooth out everything. also a new weaponry and armory for G is in the works. the melee portion is nearly ready and the rest is dilligently being worked on in my spare time. and one more thing... just because im hosting this, does not mean its finished. this is not my end product, im not finished with this project, but im getting closer.

now since you guys are ultimately testers, im gonna open a stickied thread in the G section specifically for beta related necessary fixes. anything unnecessary will be deleted. do not sing praises in there, do not complain about something you dont like in there. save it for your own threads. being able to efficiently view problems submitted > having to sort through hundreds of posts.

special thanks goes out to my team despite the fact that most ran away once the hard translations came along (you all are missed regardless of how big or small your part was), to gary for really manning up after the fallouts, to codestation for offering any and all help within his power, nordal and his spanish group for exchanging back and forth countless information, ideas and ofcourse sources, the beta testers that didnt betray the trust given to them, and ofcourse, the countless people who donated towards this website and the countless people who waited patiently on me rather than running to anyone looking for instant gratification for their mishap patch. many more good things to come in the future, just dont expect them all within a moments notice. i am just one person afterall and i do need rest occassionally.
    Link: http://theendoftimes.net/content/409

At time of writing their website is down, possibly due to site maintenance or something. So i've uploaded the patch...

Mirror Patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBA6ABKH

ENJOY!!!

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

the site is working again now :twothumbs:

Mask3d_Ninja is offline -Hacks Ninja

down again!!!

.: PSP 3001A , GO & VITA :.
    ---> -=6.60-B9 & 6.20 OFW, 1.67 OFW =-

Exiled is offline -Hacks Veteran

Invalice is offline -Hacks Monk

http://skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/25144

it has completed everything except weapon/armour descriptions (story behind them)

everything else is done. It is easy to install. (paste folder into PSP/GAME, then run it like homebrew. Select your MHF2G ISO)

Both patches are good, it's just endoftimes are slow.

Exiled is offline -Hacks Veteran

Weapons and armour description, i'm picky so i'll stick with the EoT since like very minor things are not patched xD

Senji is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled
    Weapons and armour description, i'm picky so i'll stick with the EoT since like very minor things are not patched xD
    EoT patch has much more than just weapon/armour description, most of the NPC village dialogues have been translated including the magazines info.

In terms of translated content: EoT > SoC

Sandgroda is offline -Hacks Smarty

Is the latest patch v1.3?

Sandgroda\'s Newbie Guide how to install CFW - http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=144234
    Coming soon - www.wootbrew.com
    PS2 Thin Version / PS3 Black / PSP Slim 3.71 -> 3.80 M33 -> 3.90 M33 -> 3.90 M33-3

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroda
    Is the latest patch v1.3?
    No ... the latest is V1.4 and you can get it here http://theendoftimes.net/patch

Masamune is offline -Hacks Member

haven't tried it yet, will try after a few days after I've setup my asus eee 900
    maybe a stupid question or asked so many times, when will there be an official USA/EUR version of this game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast