Thread: Final Fantasy IX issue

Fr1zzank is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey there,

Possibly a nublet question, but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Anyhow, while playing FFIX on my PSP Slim, and using Popsloader to use 3.71 Pops (TheGamersPress PSXPSP compatibility list says it should work flawlessly, more or less), I seem to have run into a snag. When I'm boarding the cargo ship out of Dali on the first disc, the game hangs. Like, it's right after Zidane grabs Garnet's butt while climbing the ladder and says "Ooo, soft...", the screen goes black since it's loading the interior of the cargo ship. This is all well and fine, but, it never loads! The music keeps playing, and I can press the HOME button and everything.

What's up with that?!

Okay, possibly helpful info: running 3.90 M33-2 on a PSP Slim. The eBoot is JUST disc 1 of FFIX.

I thought of maybe using another version of Pops by doing the whole "Hold R trigger while loading the game" thing, but that doesn't even DO anything, for some reason. Can someone help me out there? Like, I've got Popsloader enabled, and I've got a bunch of different versions of it all on my PSP, but when I hold R while loading the game nothing happens. I'm supposed to be able to select which version of Pops I want to use, right?

If someone could offer me some help, or even just redirect me, I'd appreciate it.

Frank.

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

apparently your popsloader isn't functioning correctly.

also, this probably belongs in Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xitherun
    apparently your popsloader isn't functioning correctly.

also, this probably belongs in Help.
    I thought it might belong there, but I figured it might also have something to do with FFIX itself. Mods can redirect if need be.

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

if you hold R upon booting a PSX game, and nothing happens, it's a problem with your popsloader. try remaking the pops.txt.

Re-installed Popsloader, and we seem to be good to go.

It was an FMV that happens right after that part, maybe that was messing it up?

Anyhow, thanks for the help Xitherun, and sorry for the waste of a topic.