Thread: which monster hunter should i start on?

TheDaybreakBoy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default which monster hunter should i start on?

I've heard a lot about monster hunter, and I thought I'd try and make an effort to get into it. Just wondering if I should go straight to portable 2nd g, or if I should start on the freedoms? Is it one of those games where you want to start at the beginning?

impakt55 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Freedom and portable are the same thing. Portable is just the Japanese version. Also start with which ever you want. There is no story, all you do is farm for better gear.

It sounds boring but it gets hella addictive.

Senji is offline -Hacks Smarty

impakt is right, Freedom is the english version and Portable is the Japanese, both spawned 2 sequels but Capcom released an additional expansion for their latest japanese counterpart called: Monster Hunter Portable 2 G. There is no current plans to release this to the west.

Considering the fact that with each MH release they add more content on it ontop of the previous. This means that if you play the first one, u'll miss out on the extra content of the latest release whereas if you play the latest one, u get all the goodies of all the previous games including the new contents.

So my recommendations are.. get MHP2G, yes the japanese version and use the HGG patch to translate the game to english --> http://www.teamhgg.org/

Enjoy!

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Start on Freedom 2 or Portable 2G

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

TheDaybreakBoy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Considering the fact that with each MH release they add more content on it ontop of the previous. This means that if you play the first one, u'll miss out on the extra content of the latest release whereas if you play the latest one, u get all the goodies of all the previous games including the new contents.
    Awesome. I'll start on mhp2g then. It's good to know I won't be miising anything by skipping the originals. Thanks for the advice!

impakt55 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Dont forget the english patch