Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: games like AOE

hotmilk400 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default games like AOE

are there any psp games or games that will work on PSP that are like Age of Empires or something of the like? maybe something for PS1?

something where u build an empire or whatever.. i know there are a ton of games like it, so there has to be something.

thanks alot

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Sadly, I've been looking for the same thing. The only thing currently is a aoe game coded in .lua
    http://dl.qj.net/Age-of-nations-v3-P...2347/catid/194

at the current moment, I'm seeing if ensemble studios will release the source code to the orignal aoe games, because if they do, I'm going to try and port it.
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

thanks.. yeah its a start.. ill try it out. i have been looking all over for anything like it. i know there are a ton of PC games that are clones of aog, but nothing like it for PS1 or PSP.

thanks alot tho, ill try this out.

---

also, i found PSP - PSX WarCraft II The Dark Saga
    Last edited by hotmilk400; 11-27-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

the closest thing to an RTS the PSP has is Warhammer 40k: Squad Command.

and there's always Warcraft on the PSX.

AoE 3 has a mobile verson of the game that works for windows mobile, smartphone, and pocket pc.
    Needs: WM5, WM6

any chance this could be ported to PSP?? anyone with the know how that loves the game wanna do it?

there is info on the game at this site. but to download it, you need to look other places (PM me if you cant find it)

http://www.glu.com/noram/pages/produ...%AE+III+Mobile

the file is a .cab file, and inside it, there is a .xml file and .000 .001 .002 .. its less then 4 MB total.

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

No source code. I was going to see if aoe 1 or 2 worked on the windows 95/98 emulator. but that's still yet to be seen. Also since ensemble is going down, they may release their source codes.
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

Xius0101 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default possibilty?

aaww man I want to see some RTS from PC to the psp. how likely you guys think thats gonna happen?? maybe not likely but I for one would love to see more on psp from PC. Since they are my favourite type of games(RTS that is) .

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

IDK, but RTS games don't tend to work well on consoles - nothing beats the mouse for these things >_>

Iceman450 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Haha.. I was just going to post this same question..

I actually hung on to my old pocket PC for years just because I could run the mobile version of AOE on it.

I think I would love this kind of game enough on a PSP to get my ass around to learning to code homebrew. I've been programming for about 6 years now (freelance) in Java, so I am already familiar with a lot of the structure of this type of game. I think if enough consideration went in beforehand as far as utilizing the PSP controls as best as possible, the game experience could be excellent.

My Mods: PSP-slim 5.00m33-6 - custom SD card mod (16GB) Old-school XBox(softmod) '65 GMC - 350c.i. Wife - 2kids (4yo Girl, 11mo Boy)
    Use Blackberry IM? Ask for my PIN || On FaceBook? Ask for my URL

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA View Post
    IDK, but RTS games don't tend to work well on consoles - nothing beats the mouse for these things >_>
    Indeed....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast