Thread: FF games in general

barnesm999 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default FF games in general

I always love games with good stories and cut scenes and such. Kingdom hearts is by far my favorite game ever because of its story.

I have always wanted to get into the Final Fantasy series because the story looks amazing and its so critically acclaimed. But when I figured I should start at the origin and picked up FF1 for like gameboy or whatever, I was disgusted because it was turn based rpg.... I hate games where you have to like click attack and crap before you do anything... the only game like that i could ever get into was pokemon... which i think is due to the whole collecting pokemon thing where at least i feel like i serve a greater purpose than to choose the right attack... Idk just doenst seem very challenging to me and gets repetitive.

But anyways, this is getting winded, are all FF games turnbased? i almost finished Crisis core and while its not turn based and i am enjoying the story, i still feel very limited by having to go through menus to choose the right attack and the annoying scroll wheel that pops up every 2 seconds that that it has to cut out and go to battle scenes instead of just loading the monsters into the field...

I enjoy games like Kingdom Hearts and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow where its more of free roam and attack. Are there any FF games like this, especially playable on a PSP?

Or if not, a great RPG game with an addicting story and scenes that is not limited by its tun based system?

Again sorry for the length, i know half of you won't even bother reading it lol... but any thanks is appreciated, im looking for a good story to get into to prove my psp can be more than racers and sports.

Formerly barnes8 but i registered with an old email that i forgot the password too :\

Kyo
    Kyo is offline -Hacks Ninja

Haha you are lucky that hardcore FF fans haven't bothered to reply you.

The turn based battle system was obviously a success in the battle system of final fantasy history. A good 10 of them were turn basesd if you didn't already know.

1-10. So if you don't like the turn based system, you would prefer crisis core's system which I found to be flawed and too DMC styled.

Inadvertently I would expect square to continue this battle system to appeal to younger gamers or head towards the more style over substance play.

Anyway, go play tales of radiant mythology then. Since you like free roaming and questing style. Try Monster hunter freedom 1 and 2?
    If you smell what Mistaaaa Kennedy is Cookin' ?

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

FFI - FFX are turn-based.

FFXI is an MMO, and FFXII is not turn based.

There's also FFVII Dirge of Cerebus, which is a shooter type game for PS2.

as far as games for PSP, try Phantasy Star Portable, Dungeon Seige, or Star Ocean.

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xitherun View Post
    FFI - FFX are turn-based.

FFXI is an MMO, and FFXII is not turn based.

There's also FFVII Dirge of Cerebus, which is a shooter type game for PS2.

as far as games for PSP, try Phantasy Star Portable, Dungeon Seige, or Star Ocean.
    FF12 has like turn based 2.0, you still have to go through menus

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

droe6 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

But in ffxii the gambits make it almost unnoticable.
    Interested in my games or my friends games?

www.galanovagames.com

Alive is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yes almost every FF game is turned based, but in later one's it started using active system. It's like you still are playing turned based game, but in real time. While you choose everything, your emenies are still attacking you so that's a bit more than a chalange. But realy, when you get use to it it's not such a bad system. Crisis Core was also active turned based game too, you just were able to see real time action. The story is a main thing in final fantasy games.

P.S. Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II were remaded for PSP too, they have better graphics than thouse old nes or gameboy versions. Maybe you'll like it more.