Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Wolverfrog is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Final Fantasy

Is it possible to buy on of the newer games like crisis core on the PSP and understand the plot without playing the other Final Fantasies? The only Final Fantasy game I have played was FFIII for the DS, which was actually pretty good. I'll probably get the new one for the 360 when it comes out. (It isn't exclusive to playstation anymore).

Thanks.

Serosis is offline -Hacks Member

From my understanding every story has it's own plot, in fact Crisis Core would be the prequel to what is FFVII so it would help you to understand more of FFVII's story.

All the other ones also have their separate stories.

I've played FF 1, 2, 4-10 and they all have very decent plots.
    Never played 3 though, i'll have to get on that

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Yep, all final fantasies have their own stories. The exception being FF7 and Crisis Core.
    I'd recommend for your first play through of both FF7 games to begin with FF7 and play CC second; much of the story of FF7 involves the confusion of the main character - Cloud Strife - and how he deals with the aftermath of events that happen during CC.
    In the later stages of FF7 you really start to fear that Cloud is losing his sanity and mental stability, even his existence. The reasons for Clouds confusion are revealed in Crisis Core, truths are uncovered... so this will detract from the mystery of Clouds origins and ruin the story a bit.
    ( ^^)b

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmm View Post
    Yep, all final fantasies have their own stories. The exception being FF7 and Crisis Core.
    I'd recommend for your first play through of both FF7 games to begin with FF7 and play CC second; much of the story of FF7 involves the confusion of the main character - Cloud Strife - and how he deals with the aftermath of events that happen during CC.
    In the later stages of FF7 you really start to fear that Cloud is losing his sanity and mental stability, even his existence. The reasons for Clouds confusion are revealed in Crisis Core, truths are uncovered... so this will detract from the mystery of Clouds origins and ruin the story a bit.
    Lol... mako poison.
    Potato.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Now that I think about it...
    I don't think I've played any FF game past 6.
    I'm such an old skooler.

Also FF1 on the PSP have incredibly easfied difficulty and messed up class stats from the original NES verison I guess it's okay for some people out there but for me sometimes it isn't.

flash670 is offline -Hacks Hacker

ive only played CC and Disidia unfortunately, just d/led ff7 psx. but im getting the black screen to start new game
    .Chosen0ne\. I Ain't Jockin' Yo Swagg I Be Jawdroppin'
    .UPGRADE YOUR PSP TUTORIAL.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by flash670 View Post
    ive only played CC and Disidia unfortunately, just d/led ff7 psx. but im getting the black screen to start new game
    Use 3.71/3.72 or 4.01 pops dude. Runs flawlessly.

Anyways, if you are considering playing FF7, play/watch them in the order they came out.

FF7 PSX >> FF7 Advent Children >> FF7 CC

Advent Children is the sequel to FF7, and CC is the prequel. But how you play it is all up to you.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

sirtifiedacc is offline -Hacks Member

Don't forget Dirge of Cerberus =P...its moreless a side story. However if you beat the game and get the secret ending..after doing a bit of research,
    (since i accidently unlocked the additional ending)..it ties in with FFCC..(which I have not yet played..)

flash670 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    Use 3.71/3.72 or 4.01 pops dude. Runs flawlessly.

Anyways, if you are considering playing FF7, play/watch them in the order they came out.

FF7 PSX >> FF7 Advent Children >> FF7 CC

Advent Children is the sequel to FF7, and CC is the prequel. But how you play it is all up to you.
    haha thanks demon, knew i missed something.
    .Chosen0ne\. I Ain't Jockin' Yo Swagg I Be Jawdroppin'
    .UPGRADE YOUR PSP TUTORIAL.

Alive is offline -Hacks Neophyte

There's also Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis . It's a mobile game, unfortunetly only in JP, still it ties down to Crisis Core.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast