Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 8002148 error with Persona

ZhugeLiang is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default 8002148 error with Persona

I'm seeing a theme going on here with newer games. I know some have solved this error when it was going on with Soul Calibur, but none of those fixes are working with Persona. After ripping my .iso from the UMD, I've gone compressed, uncompressed, with and without UMDGen's optimization and nothing is working.

Anyone have any pointers or am I SOL until there's another CFW update? I'm currently running 5.00-m33-6 on a 2000. I suppose in the worst case scenario I could always run my game from UMD (gasp!), but that defeats the purpose of CFW after all.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

How to Play 5.55+ games
    1)BUY the game
    2)update to 5.55+
    3)play the game
    4)use Test M33 (5.00 m33-4) using Pandora and Dcv8 Magic Memory stick, when playing the game, to use CFW stuff
    5)when done with the game, using Pandora and Dcv8 Magic Memory stick go back to CFW

it a 5.55 game

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    How to Play 5.55+ games
    1)BUY the game
    2)update to 5.55+
    3)play the game
    4)use Test M33 (5.00 m33-4) using Pandora and Dcv8 Magic Memory stick, when playing the game, to use CFW stuff
    5)when done with the game, using Pandora and Dcv8 Magic Memory stick go back to CFW

it a 5.55 game
    Check, bought the game (I figured this was implied in my OP). So 5.55 is GEN from what I just looked up. Guess I'll wait for the next m33 update.

By the way, how does one know about the version of a game anyway?

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

The point of CFW is to run homebrew not to pirate. You cant play that game get over it. Also there is a damn search feature to this site USE IT! This type of shit/whining has come up so many times recently from 1 post to lazy to search noobs.

Oh ya welcome to -hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    The point of CFW is to run homebrew not to pirate. You cant play that game get over it. Also there is a damn search feature to this site USE IT! This type of shit/whining has come up so many times recently from 1 post to lazy to search noobs.

Oh ya welcome to -hacks.
    Yes, I did search and I didn't find what I was looking for, save for that Madden thread that I missed until after the fact, thanks. Oh yeah, and I didn't know making an .iso file of a game I own equates to piracy. That's a new one to me.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
    Oh yeah, and I didn't know making an .iso file of a game I own equates to piracy.
    In a lot of countries it is illegal to rip a game you own

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpus View Post
    In a lot of countries it is illegal to rip a game you own
    is it so in that states? not that i care.

@OP, you check the version a game requires by looking at the update on the UMD.
    Last edited by pspjoke; 09-26-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I'll tell you what you can do to play that game........make your own CFW. Problem solved.

-e-
    @pspjoke

Technically its against the DMCA to even have CFW installed on our psp as well as backup media that we own. Its not really enforced though.

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

JSamp's right; any time you take the game off of its original medium (UMD, cartridge, etc.) it legally constitutes breaking the write protection under the terms of the DMCA, even if you own the game. You're legally entitled to own a backup of software that you've legally purchased, you're just not legally allowed to make a backup yourself or get a backup from anyone else.

So basically it's only legal if you can provide incontrivertible proof that the ISO Fairy left it under your pillow. <_<
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
    Yes, I did search and I didn't find what I was looking for, save for that Madden thread that I missed until after the fact, thanks. Oh yeah, and I didn't know making an .iso file of a game I own equates to piracy. That's a new one to me.
    well making iso backups is typically used for burning on another same storage medium type as the original copy say cd to cd or dvd to dvd. in this case its UMD to UMD, which also in this case suggests that its piracy since there is no empty UMD available and you cant burn or make your own.

with a nick such as "ZhugeLiang", i woulda thought you would've been a much brighter person, guess i was wrong to judge straight away

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast