Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obscure: The Aftermath (USA)

CSM101 is offline -Hacks Member

this game feels kinda like a modernized resident evil, but not quite. Though i have to say, if they redid re1-3 like this, i would be quite happy with the game

My tutorial for converting psx games to psp->Here<-

JoblessPunk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

+1

Just to add my voice, I think it's a pretty good game, with two people. My body and I are playing threw it and so far it's a pretty solid game. The voice acting is kinda bad, and the story line needs a little work, but over all its been pretty fun so far.

You can play thew it by yourself, but it makes it 10x better if someone else is playing it with you. I also have to agree with a few of you about the camera. It does get annoying at some spots. It seems like they were trying to go for the Silent Hill: Origins camera angles but fell a little short.

Anyways, If you like puzzle/horror/action games check it out. It won't be at the top of your list but definitely fun to play threw.

METAL MUZZLE is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I have a promblem with this game iso - in the first scene after you break the wooden dummies I cant break the second set of wooden dummies they just stand and shake - am I a tard or is something wrong here - I really want to play this game but I cant get past that point

PinBall games wanted (any system)
    post here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f119...anted-t249342/

Quote Originally Posted by METAL MUZZLE View Post
    I have a promblem with this game iso - in the first scene after you break the wooden dummies I cant break the second set of wooden dummies they just stand and shake - am I a tard or is something wrong here - I really want to play this game but I cant get past that point
    You break the first batch of dummies, then read the grave stone, then a man dragging a bag walks by in the background then you can hit the next batch of dummies just past the grave stone.

I do that but still no dummies break Im almost convienced that its the game I have I get them from one place I dont know of another place and I know better than to ask but I really want to play this game - Thanks for your help though !!

unfateddt is offline -Hacks Member

crazy that would take a long time to upload..

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by METAL MUZZLE View Post
    I do that but still no dummies break Im almost convienced that its the game I have I get them from one place I dont know of another place and I know better than to ask but I really want to play this game - Thanks for your help though !!
    You hit dummies like a girl .lol

Spoiler:
    Only joking lol ..... I've not tried this game yet so i cannot help you , I might give it a try tomorrow.

LMAO jibbz !!!!

Review:
    A buddy and I just finished playing threw the game, and over all I would say its a 7.5/10 game. It took us about 7 hours to get threw it, I bet you could do it in 5 hours, so about 5-8 hours worth of gameplay.

I love this genre of games, I'm not sure what it's called, but Puzzle/Action/Horror always are high on my list.

Cons:
    The game starts out pretty creepy, but that fades really quick. The Camera angle(s) were a pain at some points. It seemed like they were trying to get the same feel with the camera as the Silent Hill:Origins PSP Game, but they fell a little short. Although, I don't know what a game developer could have done differently since there is only one analog stick on the PSP. The voice acting was bad, there is no way around that. Although, if you have played threw Silent Hill for PSX then you can get threw anything. The storyline also pretty bad, but the actual game play makes up for that.

Pros:

Graphics-
    For a PSP game the graphics are great. They definitely took time to make it look good and build the great atmosphere for the game.

Sound-
    The Sound track is also one of the best I've heard! great sound track, period. Also, the sounds for the guns, sound of the character moving and every other sound was dead on... just the voice acting was bad.

Co-op-
    The Co-op feature was very awesome. I bet you can play the game just alone, but playing it with a friend makes it 10 times better. We had no problem connecting PSP's what so ever. Plain and simple, very easy. Note - the save is only saved on one PSP.

Game Play -
    Once you got use to the camera (not hard to do at all) the game play was pretty good. The challenges where hard enough to be fun and not tedious or aggravating. Plenty of room to run around and explore on multiple maps. It is a very solid game and you will have fun playing it if you are into Puzzle/Action/Horror games.

Overall it was a very fun game to play. I played it with a friend and I recommend doing the same, I'm not sure how well the AI will do at points and switching back and forth between the characters could get really annoying. The ONLY thing that is really bringing the score down for me is the voice acting and story line. If they fine tuned them like they did the rest of the game it would be an all around great game.

Score: 7.5/10
    Last edited by JoblessPunk; 10-21-2009 at 12:56 AM.

binks73 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default help with the files please

Hi there all, i have just obtained this game but it has come with 64 files 31 are rar files not sure what to do with them all as i am used to just 1 rar with an iso/cso file in it, any ideas? thanks in advance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast