Thread: best tales game?

squallxx is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default best tales game?

im looking for a good psp rpg, and i am a fan of final fantasy and tales games.
    i am mainly looking for a tales game atm

what is the best one for either psp or ps1 (or anything that can be emulated onto psp)

also i am wondering if there is a game kinda like harvest moon innocent life,
    but more challenging. the other harvest moons get kinda boring and innocent life was fun but it was toooo easy to get money and there was nothign to spend it on.

any suggestions?

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

i have most of the tales game that came out in the USA (dont have the 360 game)

Tales of Phantasia (ps1) there IS a PSP version but it JAP ONLY
    Tales of Destiny for the ps1
    Tales of Eternia of the psp (Tales of Destiny II, on the ps1 in the USA)

Tales of the World 1 (the 2nd is JP only)

a few other the are remakes but JP only

on my MS now i have TOP and TOD (the ps1 games)

try the Star Ocean games you might like them
    or
    Disgaea games (SRPG, that can last 100h+, level 9999+)

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Love the Tales series, personal favorite is Tales of Eternia (PSX as "Tales of Destiny II" or PSP, the versions are basically identical). The Tales of Phantasia PSX release is also really good, and though it was only released in Japan there's a fan-made English-language translation patch kicking around. Tales of Destiny was also great, and is actually the introduction of the version of the Tales battle system used in ToP PSX, so if you like either you're likely to enjoy both.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology was made for the PSP, but it's a little different; it's one of those mishmash games where you play as a nameless, generic goon in a world with tons of Tales characters all tossed into one game and usable as party members... fun for the battle system, but light on story like most games that take that approach.

As Ryu mentioned, Star Ocean's also not a bad choice, and there have been PSP versions of the first two. That series was originally done by the same studio as Tales, so there are a lot of similarities as far as battles go.
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

squallxx is offline -Hacks Smarty

!LEGEND OF DRAGOON SPOILER IN THIS POST!

thanks im getting tales of eternia right now, and i was just wondering ( another thing i like about rpgs) is sidequests and stuff. like you can just go explore and might find a super secret cave or something . i know in ff 12 for ps2 you can go hunt monsters for a bounty and stuff. and in legend of dragoon (greatest game ever!) , if you collect all 50 stardust you get to fight the secret hardest boss in the game, if you take a different path in the ice glacier you get to fight boss and get darts best sword in the game

stuff like that. is it any of the tales rpgs or at least good rpgs avaible to psp/psx?
    also i dont like how eternia looks like all the people are 10 year olds lmfao

T-Jay is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Final Fantasy IX for PS1 ..... awesome...

VanCrusher is offline -Hacks Smarty

no one like symphonia, or vesperia? i liked them...

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by vanycrsher View Post
    no one like symphonia, or vesperia? i liked them...
    Symphonia was all right, I just liked Eternia and Phantasia better. What I played of Vesperia was awesome, but I haven't really had the leisure time to go at it hammer and tongs since I'd have to start all over again; old save was on (ex)GF's machine.
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Vesperia IS coming to the ps3 in JP(with MORE stuff then the 360 version had)

hoping the Vesperia(ps3) come out in the NA/EU regions as well

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019