Thread: NO, Half Minute Hero(UMD) for you, Canada(Quebec)

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Default NO, Half Minute Hero(UMD) for you, Canada(Quebec)

http://defaultprime.com/2009/10/28/h...quebec-say-no/
    http://www.n4g.com/psp/News-418527.aspx
    http://www.pspgen.com/half-minute-he...te-190627.html

Well, if you live in Quebec, or close to there, then odds are that you aren’t going to pick up Half-Minute hero on the PSP. Why is this? Because the game lacks French, which means no one’s allowed to sell it. What the Fuck.
    DToid reader Mike was looking forward to the game and asked asked someone from XSEED about when the game was coming out in Canada, and here’s the response that he got:
    Thank you for trying to pick up a copy of Half-Minute Hero. Canadian distribution is always tricky because of the bilingual law that Quebec enforces, so for titles with limited distribution we do not create a second bilingual version specifically for Canada because it’s too expensive. Unfortunately, that’s what happened to Half-Minute Hero.
    Wal-Mart Canada and EB Canada both carry it, but their stores in Quebec may not carry them because we did not offer French bilingual packaging. Our Canadian distributor does not have a relationship with Amazon Canada, that is why they never carry any of our products.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but the bilingual requirements in Quebec make it extremely difficult and expensive for us to provide games to Canada sometimes. Your best bet may be to purchase it from the PSN Store online.
    Sucks to be you Quebec, but that’s what you get for living in Canada, obviously a far inferior country to that of the United States. Even though you can pick up the game on PSN, the bilingual law is fucking retarded.
    so, if there NO bilingual version of the game, it will not come out in that region

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

BillyWentBoom is offline -Hacks Smarty

You could always just hop across the bridge and pick one up in Ottawa. Unless you live on the other side of Quebec. Still that's pretty lame that the game doesn't support french.

PSP SLIM:
    4.05 OFW -> 5.50 GEN-D2

CSM101 is offline -Hacks Member

Quebec-0
    rest of canada-1

My tutorial for converting psx games to psp->Here<-

Fresh Bryce is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hahaha Quebec is fucking retarded. Also sometimes we get movies late cuz it has to be tranlated in french before they release the english version. We gots some stupid laws.

Well I can always download the game. Also for stuff I can't really get here, I can always go to New York and get it there. So it's all good.

gunman121 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

this doesn't matter.. anyone who wanted it would torrent it anyways..
    Fat PSP: 1.50 OFW --> 2.80 OFW --> 3.50 OFW --> 3.80 OFW --> 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> 3.71 m33 --> 3.90 m33 --> 4.01 m33 --> 5.00 m33-3
    Slim psp: 3.90 OFW --> Pandora --> Brick(Somehow?) --> DC v7 --> Still brick --> DC v7 format flash1 --> DC v5 --> 3.90 m33 --> 5.00m33-3

Fresh Bryce is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

There are already games in Quebec that are only english. Also I have a friend who speaks french (and spanish) and he bought Fallout 3. So I was like "oh, you got Fallout 3. The game's sick uh." and he was like, "I don't know, I didn't really play it cuz it's only in english and I don't really understand what going on." So it was really a waste.