Thread: Gran Turismo 5 versus N.F.S Shift ??

Pharale is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Gran Turismo 5 versus N.F.S Shift ??

Only want to get one racing UMD with my new psp. Which one do you suggest and a quick reason why?

Thanks in advance.

zafz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pharale View Post
    Only want to get one racing UMD with my new psp. Which one do you suggest and a quick reason why?

Thanks in advance.
    Off Topic:

Check your thread in the help section.
    Since you're in singapore why didnt you buy your PSP from qisahn?
    They sell PSP2000/3000s at 5.03 OFW.
    PSP: 3001 AKA Brite - 5.03 OFW -----> 5.03 ChickHEN R2 -----> 5.03 GEN-B/C (Full)
    Plugins:|CXMB|TimeBatteryPercent|Hold+|Sedna|Music|U.M.V. Spoofer|PspPowerSaver|Battery|
    Please +rep me (click the weighing scales) if I have helped you.

Pharale is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well I guess hindsight really is 20/20. I didn't know about ofw and cfw before I got the console. Now just buying the umds. No choice really. Guess I won't be coming back to this forum.

hazmatt_05 is offline -Hacks Newbie

This is what I've heard, though I haven't played either of these games on the PSP. I've played NFS Shift on PS3 and it is OK, but seeing as though PSP games are usually worse than their larger console counterparts, it would probably be pretty crap. I've also heard from a friend that it is pretty crap and not worth buying. Therefore, I think that GT is a better choice. I have GT4 on PS2 and it's great - a fantastic simulator with excellent graphics for its time. I have also seen some little kid playing GT on the PSP and it looks similar to GT4. The graphics are very decent and it's just a great simulator. But mentioning that, it also comes down to whether you want a simulator or an arcade racer. Arcades are fun and that's what racing games usually are, to appeal to children and such. Simulators are fun for the hardcore racer, but in saying that, they are also for the player who also wants to play just a fun, realistic racing game. Although this is so, NFS Shift tries to be a simulator and this just wrecks the fun that was common in the older games. There you go, my opinion - hope it's not too long...