Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania Symphony of the night 5.50 Gen D3

yugo19 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Castlevania Symphony of the night 5.50 Gen D3

Is there anyway to get this to play on Gen D3? If there is can you please help big thanks if you do. Also I was wondering if there is way Star Wars Renegade Squadron UMD can work on Gen D3 as well.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

The UMD will work as well as Castlevania. Next time just try it for yourself.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

2 way

play the PS1 version (buy in off the psn, make your own eboot)

or
    unlock the game in dracula x chronicles

for Star Wars Renegade Squadron UMD

just put the UMD in the psp and run it

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

............... The Castlevania im using is the psn version and it shuts off the psp when I start it up and Star wars just stays in black screen. I'm sorry but I have to say those were the worst helpful suggestions I have ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    The UMD will work as well as Castlevania. Next time just try it for yourself.
    Me knowing that there is a problem means I have already TRIED it. Why would I even ask if I didn't try it in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    2 way

play the PS1 version (buy in off the psn, make your own eboot)

or
    unlock the game in dracula x chronicles

for Star Wars Renegade Squadron UMD

just put the UMD in the psp and run it
    Again you don't think I know how to play a UMD? How would I know if it isn't working If I haven't already tried to play the UMD also why would should buy another game to play the game I've already payed for? That is completely dumb. Thanks for your help but if it is just going to be a simple reply like "put the UMD in the psp" then don't even waste my time. Now if there is anyone out there can actually help please do.
    Last edited by yugo19; 01-20-2010 at 04:24 AM.

CLLUTCH is offline -Hacks Veteran

have you tried playing a iso of it? maybe changin the loader while usin an iso. just a stab in the dark

---------------------------------------------

By loader you mean UMD mode right? Because I changed it between the 3 options and still no go. I'm not downloading an iso of Star Wars because that's extra gigs on my memory card that I don't have. And thanks for not giving me a dumb suggestion though unlike some people.

nyr2k2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by yugo19 View Post
    By loader you mean UMD mode right? Because I changed it between the 3 options and still no go. I'm not downloading an iso of Star Wars because that's extra gigs on my memory card that I don't have. And thanks for not giving me a dumb suggestion though unlike some people.
    Your initial post could not have been less descriptive than it was. When you do nothing to describe what the actual problem is, then people are immediately going to give you the most simple response to a potential problem. In fact, you didn't even describe a problem...you just asked if they would work. So chill. The "don't waste my time" shit isn't going to make anyone want to help you.

As for the Castlevania situation, I'd try running the game as an EBOOT. I have the PSX version on my GEN D3 and it runs just fine, and compressed properly, it's actually smaller than the PSN version.

The Star Wars thing is odd. Typically those problems can be solved by changing the UMD ISO mode, but you said you've done that. You tried each of the different options without success? I've never tried Star Wars, but I haven't heard of anyone else having issues running that on D3.

The only other thing I could think of...when you look at your system information, does it say GEN D3 as your firmware version? GEN had that false start on releasing D3, putting out that version that read as GEN D (Full) and had a lot of issues reading ISOs and playing brew. I still see it floating around the net from time to time.

And if you do in fact have the proper GEN CFW, you could always try re-flashing it. Sometimes that works to fix problems.
    Last edited by nyr2k2; 01-20-2010 at 11:33 AM.

I'm sorry I just felt like they were trying to insult my intelligence. But I still would assume the person would have already tried putting the UMD in psp. It's like if I had called Microsoft and said "hey I tried to install Windows 7 and it's not working" and they say "Did you put the disc in the computer?" -_-'. Thanks though and it does say Gen D3 so I don't know the problem. Also I have seen others with the same problem but they never talk about a solution. Oh well thanks again.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

haha I got -rep because the OP is a retard and I simply answered the question he asked

nyr2k2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    haha I got -rep because the OP is a retard and I simply answered the question he asked
    +rep

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast