Thread: Disgaea 2 - TN, cwcheat, and DLC?

Erwing is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Disgaea 2 - TN, cwcheat, and DLC?

Okay, so, I've started playing Disgaea 2 and liked it enough to purchase the PSN copy of the game along with the DLC, since HEN couldn't load the DLC when playing with the ISO. Now, I'm finding that there's a certain item that grinding the beginning stages for is going to be extremely tedious and boring, and I'd like to have some way to cheat that item into my game, preferably just throwing several of the into my inventory, but at least using the cwcheat Bonus Gauge to make it a bit more likely to get the drops.

Now, I'm using 6.20TN-C and, either cwcheats doesn't work at all, or it's not working with this game. I couldn't find any documentation on TN or cwcheats to help figure this out on my own, so I figured I'd come here for help since this is where I've got all my info thus far. Is there any way for me to retain the ability to use my DLC AND get a little aid from cwcheats or similar apps? Is there an easier way to have these stupid Defender of Earth cell phones spawned in my inventory? Or will I simply have to play the game and grind it out the old fashioned way?

EDIT: Might help if I add info about my PSP. I'm running a 3000 model, the silver one that came bundled with Dissidia. Far too recent for any of the old-school hacks or mods, which is why I've just recently got into the scene.

Last edited by Erwing; 02-13-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Bumping for reply.

holycrapcake is offline -Hacks Newbie

Bumping too, as I'd like to see this.

I managed to get cwcheats running, I'd made a simple mistake installing, had plugin instead of seplugin written into the game.txt. So now I can get the cwcheat menu to pop up, and I have a recent database file that shows plenty of cheats, I just can't figure out how to get them to work.
    On the bright side, the menu DOES appear in-game using the legit PSN downloaded version of the game. I just don't know if the codes aren't working because of the version, or because I'm just trying to enable the wrong ones at the wrong times.