Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $50 PSP's on ebay.

videogameaholic is offline -Hacks Member

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8190482821
    This was the first batch I was watching and then all of the sudden someone bought them all (probably to resell for more).

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8190516200
    This was the second batch I was watching as well (she made a stipulation of one per customer and multiple orders would be cancelled). I was in a chatroom getting their opinion (scam or not) and they all started buying (including my friends and friends of friends) so it started dropping quickly and I finally said, "well if I don't jump in now, I won't get one at all." So, I bought one.

The same seller is selling PS2's for $40 each. There will probably be another batch of PSP's (whether this is a scam or not) tomorrow. What are your thoughts on the subject? It says she gets them "at or below wholesale" and "passes the savings on." I was just thinking they "fell off a truck" as they say in New Jersey.

P.S. I sent a message during the first batch asking whether they were "referbished" systems like someone sent them back for having a faulty pixel or something and the response was "these are new in box." Right before buying I sent a message asking about the shipping method (all it says on the page is "free worldwide") and I haven't recieved a response yet. I also haven't sent the payment yet ;)

raiderj is offline -Hacks Newbie

Someone just found a way to make $50 off lots of people. If they really had a bunch of PSP's for sale.... why not sell them for $240 or so? The $50 price is to sell out quick and be gone before anyone starts to complain.

pza
    pza is offline -Hacks Newbie

Someone just found a way to make $50 off lots of people. If they really had a bunch of PSP's for sale.... why not sell them for $240 or so? The $50 price is to sell out quick and be gone before anyone starts to complain.
    yup.. true!!! hey.. i mean wtf. if they were real he could easily sell them for 250$ each :s

Well I've heard from people that it's a scam and they aren't getting their PSP's. I haven't sent payment so of course I didn't get one. If she gives me negative feedback as a nonpaying bidder then I'll give her negative feedback as a "No good lying sack of ****, ***** ***, mother ******* ****-****"

jimmygoon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Can anyone say P-P-P-PSP?!

Lol... you guys have heard of P-P-Powerbook right?!

LobsterSan is offline -Hacks Newbie

As posted on the Ebay auction:

# This offer may sound to good to be true, but I have info on how to receive purchase these at or below wholesale prices. These systems are brand new in the box with factory warranty. i am willing to pass the saving on to you.
    This line leads me to believe that the seller is merely selling the information on how to get a PSP at cheap prices, not the actual PSP unit. As well, there are two negatives now on the seller's feedback, both saying the seller was deceitful. Another feedback entry shows that one person left a positive but actually *apologized* to the motherfucker because he thought it was *his* misunderstanding. In any case, this seller's account will probably be quickly banned by Ebay, as the description is highly misleading and it never explicitly mentions that he's selling only the information on obtaining a cheap PSP.

Wholesale prices on a PSP I'm sure is probably only about 10-15% lower than the MSRP of $250 -- and I'd actually be surprised to learn that the actual production of a PSP unit costs less than $100. Sony is making their money on software licensing and proprietary formats (like the greedily chosen MSduo), not the hardware.[/quote]

Most consoles cost more to make than the companies sell them for. They always expect to make it back in software. That's one of the main reasons Dreamcast failed (you could pirate games straight out the gate without a modchip or anything).

Wolf is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got one off ebay with the Value Pack, NFSU, and a case for $180 total including shipping. There are some awesome (reasonable) deals out there if you look. Anyone offereing a PSP below $250 is a fraud (unless it is the starting price, but even then they usualy have a reserve.)

ggk
    ggk is offline -Hacks Newbie

my dad who does lot of selling on ebay says bid pay is a scam and they take your credit card numbers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast