Thread: PSP true skins covers

Ob-Shaky is offline -Hacks Newbie

Under the psp there is a screw that maybe if removed (I havent done it so) you will be able to remove the cover allowing you to maybe put a new one in case is scrached or put one with a theme. Not just a sticker but an actual piece of plastic. Its has be done for the ps2 and Xbox and now that the PSP is the next big thing (ahem) it could sell somepieces. Hong Knog is the market that could produce suck covers...

What do you think?

AtrickPayne is offline -Hacks Newbie

sorry bro, but that doesn't look to be the case. cell phone hard covers usually clip on and off and don't have a minute screw you need to locate or whatever, and i'm pretty sure that the new consoles are doing that too. feel free to test your theory, but i would assume that Sony would have made, or at least talked about those kind of covers. besides, you don't want to open it up and have all the buttons slide out or something horrible like that.

AkirċXxx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

On the other hand if they had psp hard replacement faces, i would gladly buy one and replace the one i had. The skins are ok and all, but its still a sticker that can easily get scratched off or have the color rubbed off. Im planning on getting a broken psp, and then im going to take it apart and take the front cover piece, ill cover the main glass with some tape, then im going to spray the cover with automobile paint, all i have is lambo red right now, but that should still look tight. Ill let everyone know how it goes. But yeah seriously they do need replacement faces cause that actually are easy to take off. Plus the buttons falling out isnt that big of a deal, cause its no different from taking apart a ps2 controller. Actually its easier putting theses back together then it is a ps2 controller, damn ps2 controller L and R buttons are hell to put back in right.

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

My faceplate is scrathed up like hell and I gotta go get some stuff to fix most of thee scratches. anyway, I would love to get a replacement, but to remove the faceplate, you must remove 5 screws. the one on the bottom sailver line, 2 on the back on the side of the mem stick slot, and 2 inside the battery case. All of them can easily be removed and placed back except one that is under the warranty sticker inside the battery case. anyway, If u want to swith covers, ur warranty is gone. And, yeah, I want to get a faceplate and paint it blue. Damn, a blacvk and blue PSP. My favorite color combo on ym favorite system! Anyway, yeah the covers are easy to get off and I know what u mean about the ps2 controllers akira. I had to fiddle with the L1 and R1 buttons for a while.