Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT!! WHAT FIRMWARE DO...

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT!! My PSP got kinda screwed up, to a weird point. The screen brightness button does not do anything anymore and the volume up (+) button not only turns the volume up, but at the same time canges the brightness of the screen. Pretty gay, huh? So I can deal with it, but I cant turn the screen off. Anyway, I could use my paid warranty replacement policy to get a brand new one, but I'm not sure if I should, because I dont know what firmware is in the new PSPs. If any1 knows or has bought a PSP recently and knows wut firmware they got, PLEEEEEEASE tell me!!! It's urgent!

SirOcelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Have you taken the battery out and put it back in?

Ummmmm... Yeah. No The problem happened cause I was cleaning the PSP with a scrath remover thing and is seeped into the psp where the bottom buttons are and screwed up the circuit board there. I knew that the factory warranty wouldn't cover this, so I blew that warranty and opened the cover I think I f I dry it off A little more now after a few hours It might starty working. Either way, I have the money to buy a new PSP and with this one, I could just drop it into a pool and say, "I dunno, it go drenched." My warranty covers that. Or I could smash it on the floor and record it for fun. If the new ones come with firmware 1.5+, I'm just gonna buy one off ebay and have one for homebrew and one for PSP games. That will solve a lot. I'll just have to get enought roms to make my moneys worth! ANyway, It would still help if some1 knows what firmware the new PSPs come with.

HOLY SHIT!! I just found out that the small ciircuit baor for the amll buttons can easily be unplugged and plugged back in. All I need to do Is find some1 selling an extra one, It cant be more than $30, And I can get it working!!

OK. I found a site for a JAPANESE button PCB. Click here to see it Anyway. I'm 80% sure that the PCB on my PSP is the problem, but I could be taking a risk and is also Japanese. Anyway, Doesa any1 know if maybe theres a place selling an American one or one fgor cheaper?

demetri is offline -Hacks Neophyte

why dont you just exchange it, instead of voiding a warranty

theandyman85 is offline -Hacks Newbie

why dont you just exchange it, instead of voiding a warranty
    too late probably since it looks like he already opened it

I opened it because of this. Anyway, the warranty doesn't cover this and I fear that if I exchange, I will end up with firmware 1.5+... I have an extended warranty that covers this though. I am going to buy anoter PSP I think. I might so I can play homebrew and games that require updates. Anyway, I'll always have a spare too.

But, my question is Does any1 know by any source reason or whatevr, what firmware the new PSPs come with. I think its 1.5 or 1.51 cause ont eh sony pagfe they mention how to update to 1.52

SirOcelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Goto Costco and buy a new one with that money. Then put the old one back in the box and return it. work EVERY time! I did it twice from my PS2 and my friend sis it once for PSP!

lancelll is offline -Hacks Newbie

That's wicked man! But I like the thought! hihihi! :P

WATCH OUT! MGS 4 IS COMING!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast