Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch TV on your PSP!!

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote from ComputerandVideoGames.com (CVG)

" WATCH TV ON YOUR PSP

Good news for mobile couch potatos: New image of official Sony TV tuner suggests you could soon be watching the box on the go

12:44 If you fancy catching the latest instalment of Big Brother or that all important footie match on the go you could be in luck. Reports suggest that Sony is about to announce a TV tuner for the PSP, and we've got an image of it right here.

You may remember that Sony originally discussed such a piece of kit way back in 2002, but this solid-looking gadget has emerged from sources in Japan. It connects to your PSP via the Memory Stick Duo port and looks surprisingly small.

Sony has not commented on whether the PSP TV tuner will indeed be getting a release any time soon, but the electronics giant has confirmed in the past that it intends to embed TV functionality in its PDAs and hendheld devices.

Check out the image for yourself"

As you can see, it is a bit bigger than a standard memory stick. This picture appears to be a bit smaller than actual size!! This also shows that soon the PSP will have many accessories to help it out. Just .like the keyboard and digital camera we saw at E3 2004. The camera is 100% confirmed due to the digital camera images folder in the photo section of the PSP. And the keyboartd seems more than likely. I see this particular TV unit selling for about $30. It's just an antenna that has a mem stick port. Anyway. Just for those who wnated to buy one of those small TVs, this is much better. A wide screen LCD pocket TV. No more rushing home on Sunday night to see that new family guy on FOX! LOL!

madmatt is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Wow, that kicks ass! Long trips on the road will seem more bearable :)
    I know this because Tyler knows this...

And since it runs off the mem stick, it will last long!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Uh, yeah....something like that. Good luck getting any reception!
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

You have a very pessimistic view on life ... :shock: Anyway, I’m sure it will be strong enough to be livable.

Hey, Its just like those travel TVs. I had one. U just have to sdjust every once in a while if your in a moving vehicle. And its great when ur waiting in the lines for stuff like movies and OOOOOOhhh the best one!! When ur waiting at the DMV!! :lol:

Damn thats a good idea. U see the creepest people in a DMV, a portable TV would be a good thing.

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Madmatt,
    The last three places I lived in (SoCal) antennas didn't do squat. You either had cable (or satellite) or you had nothing.

I have a 7" GPS/DVD/TV unit in my truck. I had the antenna installed for shits and giggles and I get reception driving all around SoCal < 10% of the time. I took a trip from SoCal to SanFran. I got reception < 1% of the time.

Seems pretty pointless to me. Unless other states are different.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

I used to have a portable TV. The type thats shaped like a walkietalkie but has a screen. It worked just fine, I gave it to my little brother , who in turn lost it. :rolleyes: . It could mean that depending on the area you have a different signal.

Yeah, but I expect this to be pretty good. Besides, its probably not gonna be much more than 40 dollars so It will be worth trying out. Who knows it might have supr reception or somethinjg. We still need time to see what developes of this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast