Thread: success story

maxcer is offline -Hacks Newbie

hello everyone and thx to the Psp-dev team, Ruka and Mr. Bifuteki for making homebrew on my psp possible. today i went out to the local elec store found a 1.50 psp took it home and in 20mins i had working emulators. Please keep up the good work everyone.

I have one small question, how do i make sure my psp never gets updated? it seems to auto-boot some kind of transfer program once i plug it in to the usb port. anyway thx for the help

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

No, r PSP to a comp cant update it. As of now, and probably forever, a PSP can only be updated by running an application on the PSP and u must confirm that u want to update, so as long as u pay attentiong to messages that appear on your screen and dont click too fats, U will stay a 1.5 user! 8)

maxcer is offline -Hacks Newbie

so i guess the downside to staying at FW1.50 is that i wont be able to play newer psp games when they come out?

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yes, i want to be able to play the latest games and play Homebrew at the same time :D
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

Fetty is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

dont worry im certain theyll hack and bootleg the games at which point sony will remove forced updates (except where neccesary) so that people will buy their games... for example ill buy coded arms but if it forced update then id just use the iso if they have a crack for the firmware check
    Yee!

Mitwang is offline -Hacks Guru

did u guys forget the direct ms loader that ran coded arms without neding to update?

Brothers In Arms
    VISIT THE F.A.Q BEFORE YOU POST IN THE HELP SECTION!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

I asked that question before but no one replied. Has anyone on a v1.0 PSP ran coded arms? Did it ask you to update?
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Mitwang is offline -Hacks Guru

i think i saw on another forum that a guy with 1.0 got coded arms to run without the update. but he said he deleted the updater from the iso so he doesnt know if it wiukld of gone if he kept it.

Brothers In Arms
    VISIT THE F.A.Q BEFORE YOU POST IN THE HELP SECTION!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

I think there would need to be more then deleting the updater. If the game itself checks for the firmware. A hack would be needed.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

SirOcelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

You'd have to hex edit the boot.bin.