Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: reasons why psp will not go the way of the dreamcast

shadow_91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I hate reading people's comments on hacks for the psp saying " oh if this gets worse the psp will be the next dreamcast " when the truth is, it will definitely not. don't get me wrong, i don't support piracy, but if it's out there why not take advantage.

here are a few reasons why the psp will outlive the dreamcast:

reason 1) the psp is not just for games. it can be used as an mp3 player, movie player, and even perhaps a pda soon.

reason 2) most psp owners have NOT stumbled upon the hacking scene.

reason 3) i'd say from experience that 25% of psp owners who HAVE come upon the hacking scene have v1.51 or v1.52 firmware.

reason 4) though v1.51 will probably be cracked within the month (in my opinion) v1.52 will not be cracked in the forseeable future.

reason 5) 10% of psp users are technilogically impaired and will use the psp for its main purpose of playing games on UMD.

reason 6) even with the new all iso launcher news, only a handfull of good games are actually out for the psp. future games will require many patches to this launcher.

i could go on and on, but i feel i've made my point.

SONY_PSP_DUDE is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

good points i dont think anything could go wrong for psp

Star Stats
    Starts:5 Poles:0 Wins:1 Top5\'s:4 Top10\'s:5 DNF\'s:0 Points:957.5 Rank:1st

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

U do have a good point. Either way the Dreamcarts had a WAY different situation than the PSP. Oh and, I think that 1.51 and 1.52 are similiar enought that if one gets cracked, they will both work with the same exploit.

shadow_91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

but then comes 1.53 and on and on and on..

and obviously not everyone is going to agree with me, anybody have contrasting views?

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i agree that the PSP won't go the same direction as the Dreamcast, it has to many funtions to be killed cuz of ISO loaders
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

threeXsquared is offline -Hacks Newbie

one thing is for sure, i can gurantee that although im sure the hackers working day and night to crack 1.5+ sony definitely has people much more skilled than the hackers working on ways to beat the hackers and i believe sony will eventually put an end to all the homebrew

danee92 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

and its poratble
    psp 3.03-c

Fetty is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

one thing is for sure, i can gurantee that although im sure the hackers working day and night to crack 1.5+ sony definitely has people much more skilled than the hackers working on ways to beat the hackers and i believe sony will eventually put an end to all the homebrew
    thats not neccesarily true because a lot of hackers completely outsmart the big companies people just assume that because sony has all these resources they have the best... microsoft doesnt even have the best i mean microsoft updates damn near every day... and all they do is software sony works on hardware... software is a second...
    Yee!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

As soon as they get around the firmware updates in the ISOs then it's over. No one will ever need to update and all the games can be played.

The only thing that could possibly make someone update is if a game physicaly wont play on your current firmware for whatever "buggy" reason. In which case I either wouldn't play that game or what until THAT firmware update is hacked.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

madmatt is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

PS2 killed Dreamcast, Piracy did not.

Up untill this week I never even heard that you could Piracy ANYTHING on the Dreamcast. I just remimber that a 3 weeks after PS2 came out their sales PLUMITED. Here is another fact. In Japan in 2000, DVD players were still VERY expencive, around $400 american so. The PS2 when, that came out it was around $250-$300 or so, and it worked as a CD/DVD player. It was seen as an inexpencive alturnative in Japan. Thats at least how they lost 2/3 their market. The gaming side of the PS2 and the fanboys craze over the PS to go out and buy the PS2 ultamimently killed the Dreamcast (which sucks since thats the 2nd best system ever made in my opinoin.)
    I know this because Tyler knows this...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast