Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cable, Sattelite, and/or TiVo on ur PSP via WiFi! POSSIBLE!!

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Well, I read a column in last Thursday's Wall Street Journal written by Walter S. Mossberg. It was about devices that allow you to watch TV and TiVo from a home TV from anywhere! The part that stood out most was an item that Mossberg wrote about called the "Slingbox". Now avaliable for a retail price of $250, the Slingbox can be attached to a home TV and allow you to control that TV along with an attached DVR, such as a TiVo box, from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! As of now, it works with any Windows PC of 98 or higher with an internet connection. Simply put, you can view the TV EXACTLY as if you were right in front of it. If you are fimiliar with PC Anywhere or another rpogram that allows u to access a PC from another computer, then you will recognize concept similiarity of the devices. The Slingbox works just like that, only for TVs. Currently, Slingbox software is only installable on Windows PCs higher than 95. Software for MAC is in the works.
    It was also stated that they plan on making Slingboxes able to transmit to Cellphones and PDAs with WiFi. This brings me to my purpos of making this thread. Since the PSP is very much like a PDA, it may be possible to end up with u able to watch Sattelite or cable programs on your PSP via WiFi access point.
    My next point is even more assuring than the PDA one. I'm pretty sure many people have heard of SONY's plans to produce a cellphone attachment for the PSP. If the Slingbox does become able to send to trabsmit to cellphones, then it is quite possible that a PSP with a cellphone accessory attatched will be able to recieve sattellite TV!!! And making it seem more possible is the TV Tuner accessory rumored for the PSP. I'm almost sure that there is at least 1, if not 20, possible ways to recieve sattellite, cable, TiVo, and/or any other TV attachment on your PSP!!!!!

I hope to see this happen and think it will. For $250, It might not seem worht it, but maybe it might be good for anyone who REALLY wants to watch Payper view while at the local Starbucks......IN CHINA!!!

SONY_PSP_DUDE is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

that would be neat. i dont have a wifi access point

Star Stats
    Starts:5 Poles:0 Wins:1 Top5\'s:4 Top10\'s:5 DNF\'s:0 Points:957.5 Rank:1st

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Sounds good to me! I'd pay for it!
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

SirOcelot is offline -Hacks Smarty

Who the hell wouldn't pay for this awesomeness?

lancelll is offline -Hacks Newbie

Awesome technology!!! Well within our reach!!! Nice one RaiderX! :lol:

WATCH OUT! MGS 4 IS COMING!!!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

The only thing I doubt is your cell phones ability to grab data quickly enough. Anyone here watch TV on your cell phone? It looks like ass :?
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Yeah, those Verizon commercials lie like hell, but by the time this thing is set up for cellp[hones, they will be able to recieve image data much more quickly. Besides, When using a cellphone on the PSWP, u wont be recieving through a cellphone's quality, u will be receiving through the PSP at the same rate that u play online or wireless multiplayer. It will have less lag than games. I'm sure this will turn out well and I'll keep everyone updated on this as I find out ore on the Slingbox.

shadow_91 is offline -Hacks Newbie

great..yet another reason to get a wireless router.. haha SONY'S DRAINING ME THE BASTARDS

I just wanna point out how using a wireless router for my theory would defeat the purpose. The point in using the slingbox to conect to the PSP would be to use ur HOME TV SOMEWHERE ELSE. If u use it at home, it defeats the purpose.
    There are like three good reasons for using it around the house.
    - Outside for wutever reason u are out there.
    - In the bathroom! LOL
    - To piss off or freak out familt members watching the TV by switching the channels around and they have to change back constantly!! :twisted:

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

hell yeah i would pay for that shit, nice post RaiderX
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast