Thread: !!! Important info to all downgrade-to-1.5 people !!!

XanderChaos is offline -Hacks Smarty

Recently I bricked my PSP but messing with update files. Today I called Sony and they are having my send minein and they are sending me a new one. I'm only getting this for free because of my 90-day warrenty. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE IF YOUR WARRENTY HAS EXPIRED!!!! IF YOUR PSP IS AN IMPORT DON'T MESS AROUND (that means you cls)! If you screw your PSP and you call Sony, MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU DOWNLOADED THE LATEST VERSION OF FIRMWARE VIA WIFI AND SAY THERE WAS AN ERROR WHEN IT WAS INSTALLED. IF YOU SAY YOU DOWNLOADED VIA USB, THAT WILL VOID THE WARRENTY! ALSO DON'T SAY YOU DROPPED IT.

Thank you, have a nice day.

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Well, I think dropping it is a no brainer.

However why do you say the USB will void your warranty? There is no requirment for a PSP user to have a wireless connection.

Thanks for the heads up!
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

EDIT:

^^^What he said^^^

USB voids the warrenty because WiFi is not advised to be used to download the update. USB is more 'safe' or so they say..

Eh?

"USB voids the warrenty because"
    "USB is more 'safe' or so they say."

Mixed thoughts?

Does it update over the USB cable or are you supposed to put the update on your memory card VIA USB then run the update?

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

It doesn't really void it, it's just they think that you were trying to hack your PSP because they think that downloading via USB is perfect. This and IRA soldier's idea.

They need PROOF to void warranty. Otherwise they are the ones breaking the agreement.

Hum... I would still need to know if the update runs FROM te PC or FROM the memory stick.

That's what I said :P

Someone could argue that if you didn't have wifi then you would have to only upgrade from a game when needed. But that wouldn't make sense either as MAJOR FEATURE updates will come out where a game isn't the reason for updating.

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

so all you did was call sony and tell them when you updated trough wi-fi(and you dont tell them you shut off psp or disconnect power during upgrade) and if they buy the story, you repackage your psp and send it to them and they send you an all new one back(but what is they send you an 1.51 and i wased all that time.....

More likley 1.52.