Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: firmware 2.0 on american psp

killerkhatiby009 is offline -Hacks Smarty

if the american version of the update doesnt come out the same day as the japenesse if i downloaded the japenesse update and put it on my american psp would it ruin it?(brick it)

greg is offline PSP-Hacks -Hacks Veteran

i dont think it'll work

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

It wont work. It will give you an error.

This makes me tend to believe the region coding is in the firmware :)
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Really? I would have never figured that out. J/K! Yeah, t is in the frimware, thats wut tells it not to run a Movie from a different region. And at pspupdates.com, they said the US 2.0 is set for the 27th. Does any1 know if $ony has announced the SURE release date for 2.0 US?

That's just a rumor I have going around. The region coding could be hardset in the unit and not on the firmware.

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Neo-Dragon is offline -Hacks Newbie

sorry for this stupid question, but im new to all of this.
    I imported my PSP from japan, so does that mean I'll have to get the Jap version of the update? (and just change it to english langauge)- or get the US version?

I'm guessing Japanese version - ofcourse since I have a jap PSP, but I just want to be on the safe side and not mess it up.

That is correct! You can only install the JAP update. The US update would fail.

Neo-Dragon is offline -Hacks Newbie

That is correct! You can only install the JAP update. The US update would fail.
    Ok thanks for that. :D

Cool_Kid is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It's not a rumor on the 27 the japan version is coming out but they don't have a date for the north american version but they say it should be aroudn that. here is a link to a vid of it courtsy of ign it's pretty sweet :!:

http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/63...77/vids_1.html

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Not that DUMBASS! He meant the region coding being in the firmwarwe might be a rumor.

ACtually, now that I think of it, the UMD drive could have the ability to check region coding from the movie UMDs. Like the encryption on the UMD movies have a region encryption and the drive detects if its the correct one or not. But here's the thign! Why would $ony want to disallow us t import movies? Yet, we can play imported games?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast