Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pop-ups, adware, EVEN VIRUSES on our PSP systems?!?!?!

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Well, we ALL know that the PSp is MUCH liek PC and is capably of downloading files etc. And with the new 2.0 firmware ocming out in Japan on the 27th and soon to the US, it features a web browser as we all know. We also know how ucan recieve adware and viruses from sites, but most adware and viruses are set for directories that are found on PC operating systems like Windows, MAC, and Linux. So could the existing viruses and adware end up making popups and/r destroying ur system?!?! There is NO DOUBT hat we will see viruses made for SPps in the future, but will Sony cover this? Also, is the PSp[ browser set to have multiple windows open, then maybe adware would have different effects on ur PSP. Maybe using the PSP to browse the internet is good ideaq for everything somU dont end up with spyware and adware on ur comp.... :?

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

I've thought about that before. Could a virus possibley write its self to the psp bios or firmware?
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Its very possible for a virus to infect a 1.5 cuz the firmware has holes, but maybe sony havin ght esecurity will stop viruses and stuff... maybe its good not to allow homebrew in 2.0...

sprocketme2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

yes, as said befor it is very unlikly that this would be possible because us hackers who are trying to get into our own psp with 1.51 cant do it, so, the chances of some idiot that wants to ruin it for everybody else could do this are no likely

sprocketme2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

yes, as said befor it is very unlikly that this would be possible because us hackers who are trying to get into our own psp with 1.51 cant do it, so, the chances of some idiot that wants to ruin it for everybody else could do this are no likely

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

I'm pretty sure you would have to execute what ever it is that will destroy your firmware.

It's likly that if we ever figure out how to downgrade, fake files will float around and brick PSPs.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Klutzleo is offline -Hacks Newbie

i asked that same question but im just a peon jk lmao yea its troubling to think about viruses getting into the bios i mean if people now can hack it why not write a virus that can too? right?

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

or it could just lay dormant untill you connect the psp to your computer then have it attack the registry
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.

Klutzleo is offline -Hacks Newbie

stop scaring us / giving other ideas :)

Reverend zanix is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm not worried, viruses and spyware is a windows thing.

When was the last time you heard of a mac or linux virus outbreak? Never, because it's not worth it, too small of a user-base to be effective, likewise with a psp. Even if someone did program a psp virus, the chances of it spreading are slim to none.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast