Thread: 2.0 (Browser) vs 1.0/1.5 (Homebrew)

D/Man is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes, the question is difficult. Web browser or homebrew?

For now, the answer is simple. Since Sony has not yet implemented an auto-search for WLAN in the area (Like on PC's where the access points are listed) you will not be able to sit down in a random downtown cafe and steal wi-fi off an unfortunate unprotected persons WLAN.

Hence you will only be able to browse internet at home, at a friends place or at a place where you know what the password and name of the access point is. (Meaning very limited). Rather useless, for I would prefer to use my PC rather than my PSP if I had the choice (like at home).

While with the homebrew function you are able to play ROMs wherever whenever (While we wait for some friggin' decent PSP games).

CLEARLY, the main purpose of the PSP (to use it anywhere) is served most by the homebrew and not the browser.

BUT! There is a but...
    We still dont know how this firmware upgrade is going to affect us. Yes it is very likely it will kill the homebrew feature, but we might always find a way around the barrier. So all we can do is wait and get some pro 1337 hacker to give us the green light to upgrade to 2.0. Untill then enjoy your homebrew.

XxEtrnlDeathXx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yup, we use to think that the great 1.5 was pretty uncrackable, but t3h 2 memory stick technique came out, that sucked for some people who didnt have2 mem sticks, but then the kxploit came out, which tricked the PSP 2 think that they were 2 mem stix, zen' zche got cha SeisTool which is Kxploit x 4

So xcuse my lan guze

my bascily pSP got betsz

Recusant is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Last time I checked, you can scan for local WLAN junk around you. How else would you pick up a signal?

dcp2k4 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yea but it dosnt auto search so in order to see if theres a signal around u you have to configure all ure network settings and shit, id rather just start browseing the internet and have it find the point when i start the browser up

Recusant is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yea but it dosnt auto search so in order to see if theres a signal around u you have to configure all ure network settings and shit, id rather just start browseing the internet and have it find the point when i start the browser up
    I have a nifty trick for that:

I made a network connection called default and I use it for random connections. Dennys, the city, the neighbors... Ahem. Anyway, when you are looking for a new connection, just hit triangle when you go to connect and scan right there. Just a tip.

qwerty is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

ya thats all u do. when im on a trip i just scan by pressing triangle edit then scan. it finds the signal for you. then i get on the wipeout browser.it would be about 2 seconds faster if it had a auto search.

basiclly, no one needs a auto search :lol:

PSP 5.00 m33