Thread: PSP 2.0 Preview/Review

lycwolf is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well it`s finaly here. Version 2.0 of the PSP firmware. And it kicks major arse! The new browser is fast, and works with most websites I normally use.
    In fact I am posting this from my PSP!
    One big problem though is the phone pad style text entry, hopefully this will be fixed soon with some kind of keyboard ad-on or such.
    Well thats it for now, my fingers are getting tired...

BTW, It can be called a gimmick, but it actually works pretty good, so anywhere you have a hotspot you can view full webpages, unfortunatly, no flash yet...

Thats the Whempys webpage, on the PSP, with the new browser, sitting on my stack of CD's.

The webpages overall look really good, thank god for the large screen size on the PSP or it would be completely worthless...

Here's a close up of the screen...

This is what happens when you hit the triangle button, give you access to the options and setting for the browser. You'll notice at the top there is the web address entry bar thingy.

At the bottom you'll have the (from left to right) File, Back, Forward, Refresh, Home, Bookmarks, History, View, Tools, and Help.

This is the view menu, to make viewing different webpages a bit easier.

Here you can change the font sizes.

A nice display mode function that lets you change how the page is displayed on the screen.

Here's an image of the tools menu, things like cookie control, settings like Home page and such are here.

Here is the web page control menu.

Yes you can have bookmarks.

The "File" menu with more options.

Your History.

Really slow crappy text entry...

The Browser Icon, with my cool BG.

This is how you set a background.

And you can change your theme settings.

and for the parents, keep your kids from browsing.

Well, thats about it for this, I definitly recommend the update when it comes out, unless you have a 1.0 or 1.50 and love the homebrew and Emu's.

Goto the official site for all updates and information for the Sony PSP.

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.as...softwareupdate

lycwolf is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well, im gonna bump this....

CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or PSP-1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web Site or other channels . For theses customers who obtained PSP® in the other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP® through this web site.
    Origianal message here: http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html

But off the record....

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_03.html

There are the links, all in japanese...

Thoraxe The Impailer is offline -Hacks Newbie

WOW. That looks pretty sweet. I'm actually considering updating now that you've shown the pictures of the broswer at work. I'm actually quite amazed.