Thread: WTF? New PSP Out???

XxEtrnlDeathXx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

What does this have to do with a new PSP ? There is no new one.

Oh you mean the 1.8 GB UMD HD. Thats a typo. Its just a UMD. Its the same one out on the market. They want you to join 15 clubs so you can get a free PSP.

its an gif, the other animation part says NEW PSP out.

Also the default systems comes with 222 MHZ i believe, not 333 MHZ (or is this up tot he devolopers?)

Also it saying 1.8 UMD HD as another feature then isnt a typo, Its called false advertising because they say a NEW PSP

with 333 MhZ
    1.8 GB HD

and 4.3 in screen (which i think it already had)

videogameaholic is offline -Hacks Member

The current systems DO have a 333mhz processor which is why "overclocking" it to that speed has no ill side effects other than battery life (which is why they underclocked it in the first place).

By "New PSP" they mean the same PSP most people here have. It is technically still a new system and maybe they just mean "Brand new" like factory sealed.

The 1.8 UMD HD is either false advertising or the guy who made the ad was a retard. Either way, Sony would NEVER include a harddrive exactly 1.8GB because that would be like a big neon sign that says "DON'T BUY OUR GAMES....PIRATE THEM PLEASE!"

And yes, that banner is for a site where you sign up for a bunch of offers and then get your friends to do the same and you get a PSP (a normal PSP, not a PSP with a harddrive). There are a million of those sites out.

The current systems DO have a 333mhz processor which is why "overclocking" it to that speed has no ill side effects other than battery life (which is why they underclocked it in the first place).

By "New PSP" they mean the same PSP most people here have. It is technically still a new system and maybe they just mean "Brand new" like factory sealed.

The 1.8 UMD HD is either false advertising or the guy who made the ad was a retard. Either way, Sony would NEVER include a harddrive exactly 1.8GB because that would be like a big neon sign that says "DON'T BUY OUR GAMES....PIRATE THEM PLEASE!"

And yes, that banner is for a site where you sign up for a bunch of offers and then get your friends to do the same and you get a PSP (a normal PSP, not a PSP with a harddrive). There are a million of those sites out.
    1 - I know Sony has released to run at 333mhz, but it doesn't just waste more battery life, a better processor means better speed. I never tested this out, but if I were, It would be on Dynasty Warriors as that game lags.

2 - I don't want this "New PSP" but yes obviously you have to sign up for offers, all of them do that like you mentioned.

3 - If there false advertising, isn't that considered illegal? I mean if its a typo why release banners on it.

4 - Wouldnt the 333mhz processor be false advertising as well? Because I mean the PSP has capabilties to get at that speed, but Sony never released it under that conditions, for them to overclock it permantly, isnt that illegal?

They didnt overclock it it is set default at 222mhz. But it can go up to 333mhz so it is not illegal.

Mitwang is offline -Hacks Guru

youre not overcloking the processor when you set it to 333mhz. its a 333mhz processor in the first place. all the games now underclock the processor to save battery. the new games like Gran turismo 4 are gonna use all 333mhz. overclocking would mean pushing it past 333mhz

Brothers In Arms
    VISIT THE F.A.Q BEFORE YOU POST IN THE HELP SECTION!

videogameaholic is offline -Hacks Member

1 - I know Sony has released to run at 333mhz, but it doesn't just waste more battery life, a better processor means better speed. I never tested this out, but if I were, It would be on Dynasty Warriors as that game lags.

Yeah, I know it has other effects but that's why I used the term "ill" side effects. The only negative side effect is battery life.

3 - If there false advertising, isn't that considered illegal? I mean if its a typo why release banners on it.

Like I said, maybe they don't know that it's a typo (which is entirely possible). False advertising is illegal but if you were to call them on it I'm sure they'd just say it was a typo (rather than a marketing ploy).

4 - Wouldnt the 333mhz processor be false advertising as well? Because I mean the PSP has capabilties to get at that speed, but Sony never released it under that conditions, for them to overclock it permantly, isnt that illegal?[/quote]

Like mitwang said, it's not false advertising to say it has a 333mhz processor. In fact if you look at the official specs, that's exactly what it says (because it really does have a 333mhz processor). Running at 333mhz is not "overclocking" because that's what speed it is designed to run at. The fact that most games run slower is because they underclock to save battery life. It isn't false advertising to leave that out or Sony themselves would be in trouble.

http://www.us.playstation.com/consoles.aspx?id=4