Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Size Discrepensy between July JAP 2.0 and the NEW Jap and US

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Ok, well, if u've read it on maybe pspupdates.com or something, u kniow there is a big deal that the NEW Jap 2.0 and the US 2.0 release is a meager 32000 Bytes bigger.

Hmmm..... They released a new 2.0 for Jap and the 2.0 for US was delayed for so long... Maybe they were upgrading security or maybe they were doing something else. It couldnt have been beefed up security for the following reasons:

- A few hundred bytes seem way too small for a hole patch up.

- If sony REALLY found a hole, they wuld not have made it obvious like this! They would have waited till we hacked 2.0. (If we evr did.) Get it? We might never hack 2.0. OR at least might HAVE never. But if this was indeed a security upgrade, then they would have waited cuz now every1's gonna be saving the July release of the Jaqp 2.0 on their harddisks and making sure thye never lose it in case of exploit. (I saved the original Jap 2.0 when I first used it, so If u must have it for an upgrade or u want to analyze it, email em at tyrantfire8@yahoo.com and I will reply the update.)

Now I think that what they chanegd was a glitch ion the browser. When I use my browser in 2.0, a lot of the time the RED TAB gets glitched up. When I switch tabs, it changed like half pink and looks screwed up. Maybe, maybe not. We just have to wat this one out like all things tho.

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

I have two problems with that.

1. "they wuld not have made it obvious like this! "

Are you kidding? $ony f-ing release the PSP in the first place completly able to run any unsigned code! I don't think you can get any stupider then that. I put nothing past $ony.

2. A few hundred bytes seem way too small for a hole patch up

Few hundred? Try over 32 thousand bytes. That's over 32kb. Create a new text file and start typing in code. See how far you get before you hit 32kb. That can amount to a shit load of code. All it takes is a couple lines of fucked up code to create a hole.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

DId ur parents ever tell u "Learn from yuor mistakes."? Well im sure sony has learned from their fuck up in the past firmware. And, yea, I thought it was 3200, but I typoed myself. Anyway, I guess, but if they found a hole and all the hackers couldnt, why woudl they bother wasting their time to cause all this comotion!?!? Maybe sony did this on purpose just to confuse evry1...

qwerty is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

does this mean the hack for 2.0 will only work on the august one? if so, i will be very happy whern it comes out11!!!!!!

PSP 5.00 m33

DId ur parents ever tell u "Learn from yuor mistakes."? Well im sure sony has learned from their fuck up in the past firmware. And, yea, I thought it was 3200, but I typoed myself. Anyway, I guess, but if they found a hole and all the hackers couldnt, why woudl they bother wasting their time to cause all this comotion!?!? Maybe sony did this on purpose just to confuse evry1...
    Learning from your mistakes has nothing to do with it. With that logic then Microsoft NEVER NEVER NEVER learns from their mistakes because they patch holes all the time with ALL OSs.

I don't understand your reasons about never patching holes as long as no one else has found them "YET"????? You don't only patch holes other people find. You continually review your source and patch patch patch.

I bet $ony bet on the fact that no one can decrypt their firmware yet. Thus they could sneak that little update in and no one would ever know what the difference(s) are. Well supposedly someone has decrypted the firmware and hopefully we can see what was changed.

With all the rumors out there people are CLOSE in cracking the first 2.0. I'm sure $ony has been following. Hell WABs little find is probably what hinted them to make changes!

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Farva0412 is offline -Hacks Smarty

ok this may be stupid but since the new 2.0 is out for US and JP dos that mean our old JP firmware has more glitches than the new one? If so will the old one be easier to crack?

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.

Learning from your mistakes has nothing to do with it. With that logic then Microsoft NEVER NEVER NEVER learns from their mistakes because they patch holes all the time with ALL OSs.

I don't understand your reasons about never patching holes as long as no one else has found them "YET"????? You don't only patch holes other people find. You continually review your source and patch patch patch.

I bet $ony bet on the fact that no one can decrypt their firmware yet. Thus they could sneak that little update in and no one would ever know what the difference(s) are. Well supposedly someone has decrypted the firmware and hopefully we can see what was changed.

With all the rumors out there people are CLOSE in cracking the first 2.0. I'm sure $ony has been following. Hell WABs little find is probably what hinted them to make changes!
    Well, to strat off, Microsoft obviously mst patch their OSs contantly cuz a PC OS is much bigger a the PSP OS and has to do so much more. Now as for sony, I know thye wuld be patching their firmware constantly, but they woudltn release it like this. They probably would have just replaced the one on the Jap site with the new o]ne and nobody would figure it oout, instead of saying, a new 2.0 has been made.

Either way, Im pretty sure it wasnt patch ups, I think it was some bug fixes like on the browser, cuz I get small glitches in it sometimes. Im staying at the old July release of the jap 2.0 just in case tho.

"They probably would have just replaced the one on the Jap site with the new o]ne and nobody would figure it oout, instead of saying, a new 2.0 has been made."

They didn't say that and that's what they did. The scene figured out they changed the JAP one. $ony didn't tell us. Not that I ever saw.

ooooohh, I figured, but still, u would think they would have found a way to not make every1 figure thisout, like say that a bug was fixed, and mos evry1 would believe that, burt they are idiots and we'll probably just have to wait and see if we can crack the jul 2.0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast