Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 firmware POINT (maybe real point after all)

hellsing is offline -Hacks Smarty

please check this link :

http://www.pspupdates.com/2005/08/us....html#comments

the best part start at 3:34pm ,just wanna share with you this moment of comment .
    comment not thats to much bullshit to be honest i post the best moment down ...enjoy and please reply what you think about it !

hellsing is offline -Hacks Smarty

Just a thought for those concerned about voided warranties with JP 2.0...

Why wouldn't you be able to update to, say, 2.01 if and when it's released? I doubt that the 32 KILOBYTES removed from the code was the ability to update, or render the original 2.0 version somehow stunted in that no more updating will ever be possible.

And obviously... whatever the missing 32 KILOBYTES is, it certainly IS NOT typos or errant semi-colons in the code. Something of (at least minor) significance was REMOVED. There were no images replaced, optimized, resized, or anything in any way like that. Sony has a hard-on for uniformity. This probably is nothing more than a new build, with a 'flaw' closed. It's like a hotfix for windows. Metaphorically speaking, if you have winXP SP1 and get a security patch, you aren't running SP2. You have to download SP2 for that.

Sony is not REQUIRED to change a version number where something of relative confidentiality (or legality) is at stake.

For these reasons, I suppose it to be a head game, to confuse everyone about the truth of the matter. Notice the way the PSP fanbase has split in the last week ALONE. It's almost like we all have seperate consoles!

Wake up, fuckers!

Don't forget that Sony is not a feeling person, it's a corporation, and MOST if not ALL corporations are inherently evil.

By Anonymous, at 4:34 PM

lol is what i am saying to every body i hear "PLEASE SONY LIKE HOMEBREW and BLABLABLA" like sony is a individual person ...sony is a multinational corporation as devil then cocacola !

the 2.0 change maybe more then 2 times already , for All of you is still a 2.0 jap or us no difference .....BUT is where you all of you wrong !!!! is like 2.0a jp ,then 2.0b jp ..now 2.0c us and so on ...next update will be a 2.0d and we will never know about it ..some CRACKER will hack 2.0a or 2.0b but with out know it ...wen other people will update cause the 2.0 will be hack they maybe all update to 2.0F or 2.0X and will not understand why they CANT HACK or RUN ANY THING ON PSP ...this will be the END !because every body will be fouled by sony sneaking ,hiding real firmware update number !

please admin of PSPUPDATES stop to give link to the 2.0 update !

By PSP shadow, at 4:56 PM

i get it know ,so is like every body think they all have a 2.0 but in reality some are 2.0a and other 2.0b and 2.0c us and so on !!!

By Anonymous, at 4:57 PM

YUP! so it will be not just one firmware to hack but 3 2.0's different firmware ...some lucky will run hombrew on theyr 2.0 wen some other 2.0 cant and will not get it !

slowly and surely the hack on psp will be wiped out of the net,cause no psp hack no psp homebrew user then no homebrew !

By Anonymous, at 5:02 PM

I made the long post @4:34

I don't know anything about three versions of 2.0, only the two versions. The "US" release replaced the "JP" release on the japanese SONY website, so it's still only two.

In any case, this is what I'm talking about when I say headgames. Everyone's completely confused about what's going on! Did anyone SEE the 11,000+ reply thread on the US Playstation boards? It got reset twice!

Something strange is going on.

By Anonymous, at 5:09 PM

ALL PSP website have to STOP SAYING "YOU CAN UPDATE TO 2.0 ,BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A HACK" Cause they are puching (more then Sony)to update 2.0 and they havent any clue what so ever what 2.0 is in reality .....FRom the beguining all good homebrew furom and website haved to say DONT UPDATE 2.0 untly is hack ,then we all update the same 2.0 from the same "link" at the same moment so we will be sure to have at list the same firmware !

By Anonymous, at 5:11 PM

thats is the problem @5:09 PM every body think they have only 2 firmware but actualy we have 3 2.0's the 2.0jap have already updated once , the 2.0 us is not the same then 2.0's jap ...so thats make 3 ....and maybe more coming with out any body noticed it . one firmware 2.0 is already hard to hack ,if done with success and every body have an other 2.0 version and cant wait they will update theyr firmware EX: 3.0 surely next time and wait a hack but the ex:3.0 will have also hided version ...then no body will run hombrew slowly and slowly less and less user !

By Anonymous, at 5:19 PM

Yea Im an ass eating, whiny, little bitchy nerd with a kickass 1.5 firmware PSP (forever) who loves to play Snes Rpgs and all the great Homebrew appz that are out atm.. So yea have at your great firmware updates from Sony.. while we play all the free games we want with fast loader 0.7 and still rent them at the local Blockbuster if there not cracked right away.. keep giving the evil corporate whore's Sony exactly what they want.. your mindless expectation of something bigger and better with each comming firmware update is exactly what they blind you with.. while they patch each update to insure you will never use the PSP for your own wonderful ways..only there wayz $$$. Pathetic.

By Anonymous, at 5:28 PM

F*cking damn right @5:28 PM people think they are winning on sony each time they update ..me i will be freaked out to know thats some people run hombrew on 2.0 jap or us and me i cant cause my 2.0 cant update to 2.0 lol .
    actualy i have 1.5 from the beguining .

By Anonymous, at 5:40 PM

OK so IF hacker work on 2.0 us and hack it successfuly 2.0 jap maybe cant run hombrew ?

By Anonymous, at 5:42 PM

possibly because they are not the same !
    and hacker will not hack ALL firmware anyway so if they hacked the first 2.0 and nearly all of us upgrade us or the second jap firmware they will work all this for nothing because we will have a diferent firmware

By PSP shadow, at 5:46 PM

qwerty is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

if they hack a 2.0, they would hack the old jp 2.0. they have been working on that longer, and also it has a major hole in it

PSP 5.00 m33

malaukus is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

can someone link me up with the original v2.0 jap firmware, I wan't it just in case they crack it.
    \"Christians Don\'t Believe In Gravity\"

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

don't worry, old 2.0JP will always be available.

ryderd is offline -Hacks Ninja

don't worry, old 2.0JP will always be available.
    ya for along time but is it still on the jap website?

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

there is a link in the sticky.

ryderd, wat does your sig say? and if u go to the jp site, it will be replaced with the new 2.0 for jp

PSP 5.00 m33

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

so this is actually the new 2.0 for jp???

http://files.pspupdates.com/cgi-bin/...0,0,0,0,51,904

i got it from the sticky which says its teh old one

if it says its the old one, then it is. the site if u go to it it might say chose country. then if u click on jp, it will go to the site, and probaly show the new update

PSP 5.00 m33

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast