Thread: NO REGION LOCK ON UMD!

mass_demon is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey, recently i bought a American PSP and i tried to watch a regoin 4 umd on it and it didnt work. I recently upgraded the firmware to 2.0 and now i can play american region 1 umd and Australian region 4? has this happend to any one else?

zabbyh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

hey, recently i bought a American PSP and i tried to watch a regoin 4 umd on it and it didnt work. I recently upgraded the firmware to 2.0 and now i can play american region 1 umd and Australian region 4? has this happend to any one else?
    Well I ain't gonna upgrade to 2.0 to find out. Since mine is a JAP 1.5 PSP i can play region 2 JAP and UK titles..

Though I don't own any UMD movies I can't test it with the Wab Firmware Changer to see if that is true.. So whoever can get a hold of different region movies and has 1.0 or 1.5 firmware test if you can use Wab Firmware changer to trick the system into believing its 2.0 and see if you can run multi region UMDs..

But most likely they have added this feature in the new 2.0 firmware so it entices people to upgrade.. Multi region 2.0????

Can anyone else confirm this guys find

http://www.alucard.cc

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Changing your PSP to "say" v2.0 wont give you the functionality of v2.0. So that would be a bogus test.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.