Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Psp downloadable content costs money!!

Julesno1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I guess Sony will not follow the path of free wipeout pure content but charge us per download!

From ps3updates:

- He also revealed, after being quizzed on the extra downloadable content for Wipeout Pure, that Sony is intending to start charging for PSP downloads next year, presumably (though not explicitly stated) of extra level and game content for existing PSP games, and consumers would pay per download, with the right to download the item again in the future from Sony's servers as necessary.

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

but it will fail cuz once sum one pays and downloads it, then ill be hosted on site eventually :twisted:
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Exactly, thus I doubt $ony would ever bother with it. Sounds like BS to me.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Sir_Chan is offline Senior Member -Hacks Member
    hiding in a tree outside your moms window

actually this may be possible due to each individual psp they are in fact all the same in standards but there is a small diff between every psp the product's serial number may be linked to the specific download.

I think you are trying to hit on the MAC Address of each PSP. That's how they would track something like that. It would be no different then your cell phone charging you for content only how many people can hook up their phone to their PC? Not many when compared to the number of people hooknig their PSP up to a PC.

...or MAC.

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Julesno1 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Well, it's been confirmed...

source: pspupdates

SCEE's Phil Harrison says the portable will see "premium content next year."
    Yesterday at the Game Developers Conference Europe, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe vice president Phil Harrison largely dispelled fears that the PlayStation 3 would come in multiple SKU models. Though he didn't entirely rule out the possibility, he said it would be "confusing" for the consumer and pooh-poohed the Xbox 360 two-tiered sales strategy.

But not all of Harrison's words were as comforting. In fact, many gamers were made downright nervous by the executive's comments on his company's portable, the PSP. He revealed that, having used the free downloads of Wipeout Pure as a test case, Sony would be moving to a pay-per-download model for extra content next year. "It's an experiment which has turned out to be a good experiment," he told UK-based Edge magazine.

Edge also quotes Harrison as saying that Sony is in the process of setting up a digital rights management system for PSP content. Like iTunes, this system will allow gamers to pay for content once and download it multiple times. While Harrison didn't identify what kind of content would be available for download, it would presumably be similar to the Wipeout Pure content, which included new vehicles, levels, and menu skins.

It certainly sounds offical but we'll still pirate it! :twisted:

psp-hacker is offline -Hacks Neophyte

yeah i here not untill 2006 tho :P

That's right around the corner!

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

ya 2005 flew by....its almost the holiday season...lol oh crap... 8)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast