Thread: just one ?

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

my 32 mem card is slowing way down....when i load a game save or even transfer data from my PC to the memcard it takes for ever......it used to be quick but not lately.... has anyone else had this prob with the 32mb stck?.....my 128mb's arent doing this......so i no its not my psp....

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Its the SONY stick. Probably if the other is a SANDISK stick.

PSP Guide to Everything !!!
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...light=complete

ya the Sony 32mb stick that came with the psp which is slowing down.....for a folder with pics in it took 7 min on the 32mb....and only like 2 min on my 128mb....i dunno whats wrong

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

My $ony stick is fucked too. It is only 21 mb total size :? and it writes and reads slow as hell.. :x

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

If you are transferring a whole buch of files pics its takes a lot longer then 1 file like a movie even though it is the same size.

PSP Guide to Everything !!!
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...light=complete

MarsVolta is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

ya that is sooo annoying like I had this thing that was liek 150 files but only like 15megs and it took like a thousand hours

FamilyGuy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

ya that is sooo annoying like I had this thing that was liek 150 files but only like 15megs and it took like a thousand hours

WinRAR pack and unpack = slightly faster if its done often enough to justify creating a rar in the first place.

Just Buy A Friggin PS3 Already Waiting on Ninja Gaidan Sigma 2
    Ps3 Fan Service

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

There are 2 possible reasons for this:

1) U probably have place hundreds of different types of files on that stick. Its hard to explain, but I'll try. I saw this little chart a while back showing how the memory sticks work and why they dont hold as much memory as they say they can. Its because there is a small section created on your memory stick for each file type so it can hold different types of media. Those sections actually take up space and a new one is created every time and new file type is introduced on the memory stick. Thus not only space sonsuming, but it has to search all those sections for the one of the correct file type that matches the file being put onto the stick. This makes it take longer.

IF IT'S NOT THAT,

2) You are trying to send a bunch of small files which takes long. If you try to put 150 small GIF images of about 70KB each, it could take longer than a 15MB video. This is cuz it sends each file individually and it takes longer to do thta. It really depends on what files yu have been using ur 32meg crapstick for.

...ya but it takes longer on the 32(transfering same file) as it does on the 128 stick....well mabye i will just sell it to some idiot....and get another 128(for free) and use them....i already have 3 128mb's