Thread: socom fireteam online test - sceptic view

ohmatic is offline -Hacks Neophyte

well so i just had this thought as there is the upcoming beta test of socom fireteam bravo.

some people lucky enaugh to get signed up for this official beta test are chosen to get the umds
    and can online test it, youall know the story.

deal is, the iso leaked and many many people with 1.5er's out there are going to get it and eventually
    try to play it online and this is where the point of my concern is coming to play.

i could clearly see sony, now aware of iso loaders and all other exploits/loaders working,
    could have installed some backdoor somewhere deep inside the code to
    get all the macs
    of people running that version and simply banning the ip because of proven software piracy

- get me ?

the ultimate strike against people who used it as of refusing to offer online services for them and
    honestly, owning wipeout pure i wouldnt like to lose online as i am fucking addicted
    to wipeout ;)

well, you think there is something to it or not, share some thoughts :)

malaukus is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hmm maybe I'll wait a few days after the servers open. You got me scared now.
    \"Christians Don\'t Believe In Gravity\"

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i could clearly see sony, now aware of iso loaders and all other exploits/loaders working,
    could have installed some backdoor somewhere deep inside the code to
    get all the macs
    of people running that version and simply banning the ip because of proven software piracy
    No offense, but I have never heard anything more absurd. Even if they did know all of the MAC addresses of the PSPs used who used pirated software, you can't IP ban somebody by their MAC address.

In the unlikely event that they ban your MAC address, then you could just have your router spoof a different MAC address.