Thread: Good faceplate idea

danolimitpro Guest

Well they hype of the e-linksoft.com psp faceplates have been about and since most of their colors are sold out i will be buying a black faceplate,

great thing about these faceplates is that the clear center is removable/replaceable.

so i was thinking, why buy a 50$ white or red faceplate when i could buy a black one sand it down a little bit prime, and spray paint it w/e color i want?

now the question is what color, i was thinking a metal flake blue, the blue that looks a lil bit shiny but in the sun/light it "blings" like crazy cuz of the metal flakes.

if anyone else some suggestions for colors lemme know, and im 98% sure that im going to paint the back of my psp also.

also need a way to preserve the PSP writing on the back and the front , i think ill just sketch it on after im done painting then use a fine painting pen to fill it in.

then clear coat.

edit: and some people if you want to attempt this just to make it clear YES you do need to sand it down a little bit first otherwise the paint wont stick because of the gloss on the plastic

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

nice, i'd rather buy quake 4

danolimitpro Guest

lol, i wonder how long it takes for that faceplate to get here, i might just do second day shipping since black faceplates are only $30

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

tell me if its good, because i might buy one and powder coat it candy apple red. btw, u can now buy powder coating guns for $150.

geekstinkbreath is offline -Hacks Neophyte

uhhh... you can only coat metal... unless you work for one of those companies with the wicked proprietary plastic systems... in which case, i'm a little jealous... wait, no... i hate powder coating (the job, not the application)

PS. have you ever seen that wood grain powder coating? my old boss and i tried forever to figure out how that's done... never did (sorry, i know this isn't a powder coating forum).
    \"he\'s not too smart when it comes to stuff\"
    ---bonz

danolimitpro Guest

yeah powder coating wont work, lol needs to be heated up to like 300degrees

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah that plastic would be liquified in a matter of seconds.

certain types of nylon based paint are made specificly for plastic
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.