Thread: If i get this umd disc will it update my firmware?

regionfree is offline -Hacks Newbie

I got a umd Sample disc off a friend and my psp is a 1.50 and on the umd disc is the 2.0 firmware ,i only want the umd disc so i can use UMD Emulator V0.8 ,will the disc install the 2.0 firmware or will i have the choice to say no??
    :?

fuzzy075 is offline -Hacks Newbie

go buy a game
    Please insert demo disk included in your psp package to enable Homebrew

zabbyh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yes you must buy the games you are wanting to play via UMD emulator else it is illegal..

remove the disc out of the case and then try.. all that needs to be done is the button inside the psp to be pushed in as to make the psp believe there is a UMD disc inside..

http://www.alucard.cc

FW V2.0 Exploits is offline -Hacks Newbie

Or u could just rent the game u want then get fast loader and put the disk in the umd drive and dump it :-
    \"Hacking is like having sex. You get in, you get out. Then you hope that you didn\'t leave something behind that can be traced back to you.\"

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Some people just blurt out how to do illegal things just so that others will know that they know how, without offering any help, but no one cares what they know how to do...

The sample disc you got with your PSP will work just fine... go ahead and put it in. When I want to use a loader or UMD emulator, I just use the sample disc... i eject it, start the PSP and when it boots to the main root menu, i re-insert the disk and go to the loader. Works just fine. If the newer firmware is on the UMD, it won't install before prompting you, and will only do so if the UMD is run.... just don't start the PSP with the UMD containing the newer firmware inserted and you should be fine. Start with it ejected and then insert and close the door.

loganownzj00 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Yes you must buy the games you are wanting to play via UMD emulator else it is illegal..

remove the disc out of the case and then try.. all that needs to be done is the button inside the psp to be pushed in as to make the psp believe there is a UMD disc inside..
    Hey dude stop trying to be a smartass and answer his question?

It will warn you before updating.

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

as long as you boot without a disc inserted and then insert it afterward, it won't even be an issue... you can then go to the loader and boot it.